7-Up Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is a fun twist on the classic 7-Up Pound Cake
If you like the traditional 7-Up Pound Cake but are a chocolate lover, you’ll love this chocolate with chocolate chip version!
I’m always in favor of more chocolate.
I was in charge of Granny’s birthday cake this year & decided to try this one. It was really moist & everyone asked for the recipe. I’ll definitely make it again.
Here’s Granny (or GG now that Julia’s around) with her cake. 🙂
If you like the traditional 7-Up Pound Cake but are a chocolate lover, you'll love this chocolate with chocolate chip version!
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup 7-Up
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan and lightly flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with an electric mixer.
- Add sugar & vanilla; beat until light & fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour & cocoa, blending thoroughly.
- Stir in 7-Up.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour (mine ended up taking about 80 minutes).
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan & cool completely.
Things you may need…
Or maybe you’ll like…
7-Up Pound Cake