Baked Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cups are the perfect option for on-the-go breakfast! Feel free to swap out the chocolate chips for fruit, if that floats your boat.
- 1 cup rolled oats I use Quaker
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3/8 cup milk I used 2%
- 5 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for topping, if you want (I used Ghirardelli mini chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, baking powder, and salt and stir together.
- Add the honey (tip – spray your measuring cup with non-stick spray before adding the honey so it slides out easily) and stir to combine.
- Add the egg and then pour in the milk and the melted butter. Mix together until fully combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir.
- The mixture will be pretty thin so using a cookie scoop comes in handy. Divide the batter evenly among the 6 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the tops with more chocolate chips (if you’re me) and bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool in the pan then remove.
- Store in an airtight container. I warmed them up in the microwave for a few seconds before I ate them.
Recipe from Macaroni & Cheesecake