Every year I look forward to Cadbury Mini Eggs showing up in stores. I love them plain but they’re even better when you smash them up and bake them into a cookie bar!
Remember last week when I made Squash Chips? Those were healthy. Then I went on a crazy sweets kick. First monkey cupcakes, then chocolate cupcakes filled with vanilla buttercream and now…Cadbury Mini Eggs Cookie Bars.
I was innocently checking out at Target the other night when the Royal Dark Cadbury Mini Eggs started calling my name. I don’t eat the cream filled eggs. Ew. But the mini eggs? Especially the dark chocolate ones? Those I look forward to every year. I hadn’t even finished eating all the cupcakes yet when I made these.
You wouldn’t even think I was going to Mexico in exactly one month and
had have healthy fitness goals.
These are going to my cousin’s birthday party tonight so I don’t eat them all myself.
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened (I always use salted)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Approximately 1 cup of Royal Dark Cadbury Mini Eggs, smashed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan and set aside. I use The Pampered Chef Stoneware pan.
- Put around half of a 10 oz. bag of Cadbury mini eggs into a ziploc bag and smash with a rolling pin. Or you could coarsely chop them. I smashed. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda & salt and stir.
- In a large bowl (I used my stand mixer), beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- One at a time, add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture. I always add it in thirds.
- Stir in the crushed Cadbury eggs.
- Spread into a greased jelly roll pan. I also stuck a few whole Cadbury eggs into the top of the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
Or maybe you’d like…
Easter Egg Fruit Pizza
Cream Cheese Funfetti Bars
Some links in this post are affiliate links meaning if you buy from them, Amazon will throw me a few pennies. Thanks for your support.