Cheesy Asparagus Puffs are a quick appetizer or side dish. Fresh asparagus wrapped up with provolone and cheddar cheeses and baked in a crescent roll – easy, cheesy, and delicious!
I know Halloween isn’t for another two weeks but I kinda already feel like it’s over. Am I alone in that? I blame retail. Everything is already all-Christmas when you walk into stores.
CHEESY ASPARAGUS PUFFS
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento® Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
There’s no way I’m going to let Thanksgiving, quite possibly my favorite holiday, get skipped over. Any holiday that is food-centric is a favorite in my book. I’m going off on a tangent but my reasoning is, I think these Cheesy Asparagus Puffs could double for Halloween OR Thanksgiving. Tell your kids the asparagus stalks are snakes and you’ve got a fun side dish for Halloween.
Or, add them to the Thanksgiving table as a really easy side dish/appetizer.
The key to success with these Cheesy Asparagus Puffs is the cheese. You need real cheese. Good cheese. We keep Sargento® Sliced Cheese in our fridge at all times. One of Julia’s favorite snacks is cheese – she calls Provolone “circle cheese” and requests it daily. If you watched my latest Facebook Live video, you saw how excited she was about our Sargento cheese delivery.
As much as she loves cheese, I have to make sure she’s only eating the best. She’s never had an “American single”. You know the one I’m talking about – the rubbery, plastic-ish, artificial, cheese imposter that’s only 51% real cheese. I’ll bet she’d hate it and quickly tell me.
Cheesy Asparagus Puffs are a quick appetizer or side dish. Fresh asparagus wrapped up with provolone and cheddar cheeses and baked in a crescent roll - easy, cheesy, and delicious!
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 16 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 slices Sargento provolone cheese, sliced in half
- 4 slices Sargento cheddar cheese, sliced in half
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate each triangle.
- Lightly brush each triangle with olive oil then lay a half slice of Provolone cheese and a half slice of cheddar on the large side of the triangle. Top with two asparagus spears, roll-up, then lay on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat for the remaining triangles.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, remove from oven, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
There are 23 varieties of Sargento Natural Cheeses so surely you’ll find a favorite. I always like to have provolone, cheddar, and pepper jack on hand. Check out Sargento’s Facebook and Instagram to find some great ideas on how to use the slices (other than just eating it straight out of the packages, like we like to).