This Chocolate and Peanut Butter Eclair Dessert has layers of graham crackers, layers of peanut butter pudding, a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips, and a chocolate peanut butter frosting. It’s a chocolate + peanut butter lovers dream.
My ::little:: brother went back to MSU last week so we wanted to have a family dinner to send him off. He requested taco night and a peanut butter centric dessert. My mom handled the tacos and I tackled the dessert. He shares my love of chocolate and peanut butter so making him treats is easy.
I loaded Julia up for a Target trip to get ingredients. I used to stop at Target at least twice a week but since having a baby and moving, I don’t get to go nearly as often. Our old house was one mile from Target. I feel like everyone should live one mile from a Target but now it’s six miles to the nearest one. I’ll add that to my criteria for the next house.
We picked up the peanut butter, pudding, graham crackers, and everything else, then swung by and got some Wet Ones Singles. They’re individually wrapped antibacterial wipes that kill 99.99% of germs. They are the perfect addition to my diaper bag and came in handy for our trip to the park after Target because ew. Parks are so much fun for Julia but so nerve-wracking for my germaphobic self. I’ll be back later this week to show you how they also fit perfectly into lunch boxes.
So, this dessert. Layers of graham crackers, layers of peanut butter pudding, sprinkling of mini chocolate chips, then topped with a chocolate peanut butter frosting. It’s a chocolate + peanut butter lovers dream. Plus, it’s no bake and comes together in about 20 minutes. You know how I’m in a “simplify all the things” stage in my life so this is perfect.
- 1 package (144g) instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 oz (1 container) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 box (you'll need about 45) graham crackers
- 1 jar chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, pour in 1¾ cup milk then whisk in the instant pudding for about 2 minutes, until well blended. It will be thick.
- Add in ¼ cup peanut butter and ¼ cup milk. Gently whisk until fully combined.
- Gently stir in the thawed Cool Whip. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, layer graham crackers along the bottom until it's fully covered, breaking them when necessary.
- Pour ⅓ of the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top. Repeat your layers ending with graham crackers.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add in the chocolate frosting and ¼ cup peanut butter. Microwave for approximately 15 seconds until slightly melty so you can stir and fully combine.
- Pour over the top of the graham crackers, smoothing with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
Pick up a Wet Ones coupon here and see you later this week to show you how we used them!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wet Ones®. The opinions and text are all mine.