Chocolate Chip Oreo Bon Bons are a sweet little no bake treat using Choco Chip Oreos. Only FOUR ingredients! You’ll have these made in no time.
How’s your week going? Work has been really busy for me on top of a bunch of self imposed blogging deadlines so things have been pretty hectic. We’re taking a little summer vacation next week (better late than never, right?), so I’m trying to get a bunch done this week. Good news is, I have a bunch of fun treats coming your way.
CHOCOLATE CHIP OREO BON BONS
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve seen sneak peeks already. I wanted to hate the new Instagram Stories, but I actually am liking it for behind the scenes kitchen shots. And the occasional cute toddler video.
I went to Target the other night to pick up some essentials and got distracted by the new Oreo flavors. Most I quickly pass on (Swedish Fish? Blueberry Pie? no thanks) but Choco Chip grabbed my attention. I’ve made Oreo bon bons before and wanted to test out this new flavor.
Luckily, they’re really easy (FOUR ingredients!) and no-bake so you can whip them up in no time. Plus, I think all these flavors are limited edition, so don’t wait!
Only four ingredients in these simple Chocolate Chip Oreo Bon Bons. They are a sweet little no-bake treat using Choco Chip Oreos.
- 1 package (10.7 oz) Choco Chip Oreo Cookies
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz dark chocolate melting wafers (I use Ghirardelli - regular chocolate chips will also work)
- mini chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper/parchment paper/a silicone mat and set aside.
- Use a food processor to crush the Oreos into fine crumbs.
- Pour the crumbs into a large bowl and add the softened cream cheese. Use a hand mixer on medium to mix well until fully combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out balls of the mixture (use your hands to roll them, if necessary) and line them up on your prepared cookie sheet. It should make about 14 balls, depending on how big you scoop them.
- Place the entire cookie sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to firm them up.
- After a half hour, remove the pan then roll the balls in your hands to smooth them out.
- Put the chocolate melting wafers in a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 30 seconds then stir. Continue heating at 15 second intervals and stirring until fully melted.
- Remove the balls from the freezer, stick them with a toothpick to use as a handle and swirl into the melted chocolate. I used a spatula to help coat all the sides. Work quickly as it’s easier with frozen balls and warm chocolate. As the balls start to warm up, they’ll slide off the toothpick. Pop them back into the freezer if they get too warm as you’re working on them.
- Immediately sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Once finished dipping, let the chocolate coating harden. You can put the tray back in the freezer if you want to speed up the process.
- Put back in the fridge to set then enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated.
Things you may need…
Other no-bake treats you may like…