It’s been really hot this week. I know those of you in the south have been dealing with this for weeks but it finally hit us. Thankfully, we got central air last year and we’ve put it to good use. But even with central air, it’s really too hot to bake. This is a cool dessert that is simple and no-bake. Plus, I think it’s really cute. Especially when you find semi see-through glitter buckets at the dollar store. I love sparkly things.
The Mr. has told me that I could never be a waitress because I would judge people for their choices when they ordered. That’s probably true. This is not a dessert I can fully condone – but all things in moderation, right? I won’t judge you if you love it, like most people do. Just don’t eat the whole bucket. Please.
Chocolate "Dirt" Pudding
Chocolate "Dirt" Pudding is no-bake, made with crushed Oreos and is perfect for a themed birthday party! Serve it in a bucket for added effect.
Author: Melissa | Persnickety Plates
Serves: 8-10 servings
- 1 package Oreos, centers scraped out
- 3 or 4 golden Oreos, centers scraped out
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3.9 oz) packages chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2¾ cup milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip, softened
- bucket & shovel (I got really cute glitter ones at Dollar Tree)
- Scrape out the centers of the Oreos and crush in a food processor until sand-like. The golden Oreos are optional but they make the “dirt” look more realistic.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the softened cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- In another large bowl, add the milk and pudding mixes. Using a whisk, mix until it thickens and all the lumps are gone.
- Add the pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture and combine. I still used the whisk at this point.
- Fold in the Cool Whip until evenly combined.
- Add some “dirt” to the bottom of your bucket, then pudding. Alternate until you’re out of both, making sure you end with sand.
Things you may need:
Mini Food Processor
Sand Buckets & Shovels
Let's Chat5 Comments
Join Persnickety Plates on