Chocolate Stuffed Cinnamon & Sugar Pull-Apart Bread – a long title for a simple & delicious recipe that only takes 5 ingredients and about 30 minutes to put together.
You know the holidays are fast approaching when I post three days in a row! I think my recipes keep getting easier and easier too, so you’re in luck.
Each year, on Christmas Eve, my dad’s side of the family comes over to my parents house for dinner. We’ve done it for as long as I can remember but now most of us have kids so the dynamic keeps changing. I think there are usually about 16 of us and now there are six kids in the mix. It is loud and hectic and great. I look forward to it every year.
There are a lot of mouths to feed so we usually keep it simple with either pizza, Middle Eastern carry-out, or a big pot of spaghetti. I always bring a dessert to two to add some homemade touches. This Chocolate Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread will be perfect for all the little fingers grabbing at it.
I picked up the Pillsbury Grands® at Walmart. I used Southern Homestyle for this particular version but I think just about any would work. I always keep a can or two of them on hand with some Crescents® rolls – you never know when you might need some!
This recipe is very much like monkey bread, but I don’t like the stickiness of traditional monkey bread with the corn syrup, so this is a less-sticky option. I use larger baking chips so if you’re using traditional chocolate chips, you may want to add a few more than 3-4 to the center of each biscuit. I’ve seen several variations of these floating around in my Facebook feed (do you get sucked into watching those quick food videos as much as I do?!) but I kept this really simple with only 5 ingredients.
Chocolate Filled Cinnamon & Sugar Pull-Apart Bread - a long title for a simple & delicious recipe that only takes 5 ingredients and about 30 minutes to put together.
- 2 (16 oz) cans of Pillsbury Grands® Biscuits
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons (1/4 cup salted butter, melted & cooled
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your butter and allow it to cool.
- In another bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Open the first can of biscuits.
- Lightly flatten a biscuit and add 3-4 chocolate chips to the center. Pinch the dough to close the dough into a ball.
- Roll in the butter then immediately in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Add to the prepared pan - add one roll to each "large" crevice of the bundt pan. Repeat until you've finished the first layer.
- Open the second can of biscuits. Repeat the process and place the second layer on top of/in between the first layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and set.
- Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes then flip out onto a plate and enjoy!
What is your favorite holiday tradition?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine. #Warmtraditions