Chocolate Zucchini Drop Cookies are a sweet way to use up some of your zucchini crop. You end up with a moist, chocolatey cookie that’s filled with chocolate chips but you don’t even have to get out your mixer!
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI DROP COOKIES
Did you have a good weekend? Ours was pretty quiet, which was needed and appreciated. I can’t believe it’s already August! I guess I should get on planning our summer vacation…
My dad brought me some zucchini from the garden and since I like to bake much more than I like to cook these days, I decided to turn them into Chocolate Zucchini Drop Cookies.
I snagged some old cookbooks from my mom for inspiration but it didn’t really go well. I forgot how much people liked to cook with shortening and lard in the 60s and 70s. Yet there was a “recommended weight” chart in the back of one that showed me as 20 pounds over my 1960s ideal weight. Go figure.
These cookies are really easy, you don’t even need a mixer. I always use a box grater to grate my zucchini but I’ve been contemplating getting a food processor. I have one, but it’s a mini that doesn’t have any attachments.
The point of that was to say that if you have a food processor do the grating for you, these cookies will be even easier.
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Grate your zucchini.
- In a large bowl, add the grated zucchini, baking soda, sugar, butter, and beaten egg. Stir together.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until fully combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop 12 cookies per cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for approximately 5 minutes on the pan before removing them to finish cooling.
Things you may need…
Or maybe you’ll like…