Cinnamon Quick Bread could be called Cinnamon VERY Quick Bread! A from scratch quick bread that I make at the holidays and throughout the year as cravings call for it.
I love this bread. It could be called Cinnamon Very Quick Bread. The prep is very minimal and the taste is great.
I love the cinnamon swirl and the buttermilk keeps it moist.
Basically, I love everything about it. Except for the fact that my mom only makes it once a year for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
I have taken over the recipe and I make it year-round.
I made myself a loaf earlier this week (so I could take some updated pictures) and have eaten nearly the entire thing. By myself. Apparently the baby likes it just as much as I do.
Cinnamon Quick Bread could be called cinnamon VERY QUICK bread. It doesn't get much easier than this!
For the Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
For the Streusel
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease & flour an 9 x 5 pan and set aside. I usually use a dark pan or a silicone one.
- In a large bowl, combine all "Bread" ingredients and beat 3 minutes on medium.
- In a small bowl, combine all "Streusel" ingredients. Sprinkle over batter & swirl.
- Bake 45-55 minutes.