Dark Chocolate Brownies made with coconut oil instead of butter. Only six ingredients that you probably have on hand – give them a shot!
Guess what’s really hard to take a picture of? Hot, gooey, dark chocolate brownies. They just look like a mess. But they taste good, and that is what is important.
I made Coconut Oil Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies awhile back and they were really good. And they’ve been a really popular post on my lil blog. So when I saw Aimee post her Perfect Dark Chocolate Brownies I decided to try making them with coconut oil instead of butter. The coconut oil leaves them super moist. I ended up topping mine with some french vanilla ice cream.
Dark Chocolate Brownies made with coconut oil instead of butter - give them a shot!
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli baking chips, per usual)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil (about 20 seconds was all mine took).
- Add the sugar, flour, cocoa, and eggs. Stir until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes (less time if you're using a 9" pan).
- Let them cool them cut & enjoy. You can top with powdered sugar, if that floats your boat.