If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you’ve heard me whining about not having power. It’s been out since Friday and our new restoration estimate is tonight at 11:30. We’ll see. Besides it being dark, which is the obvious inconvenience, we’re going to have to throw away everything in our fridge and freezer. I hate that. A food blogger with an empty fridge and no computer access is pretty useless. I’m currently at my parents house borrowing some WiFi and electricity to get a few things done. Luckily the weather has cooled down a little so not having AC hasn’t been a huge deal.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels (organic, non-GMO, preferably)
- sea salt, to taste
- seasoned salt, to taste
- lemon pepper, to taste
- Add the coconut oil and kernels to a heavy bottom pan (I used a 5 quart pan) and cover.
- When first kernel pops, shake the pot to coat the kernels with the oil.
- Let the cooking continue until the popping slows down to a few seconds between each pop.
- Be mindful that even after you remove the pan from the heat, sometimes a rogue kernel still pops. Watch your eyes.
- Pour in a large bowl and immediately season.
Other coconut oil treats: Coconut Oil Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies or Coconut Oil Brownies.