Cranberry Orange Cider only takes about 15 minutes to make and is perfect for all the winter and holiday activities that leave you cold and in need of warming up!
Friday was 70 degrees here. Today, the high was 34. That is a drastic jump but one that we’ve been waiting for. It was too nice for too long around here. Usually, we have snow by this time of year.
CRANBERRY ORANGE CIDER
I don’t like being cold. We’re debating taking Julia to the Thanksgiving parade this week and there are so many other fun outdoor activities this time of year (ice festivals, tree lightings…) but that means I’ll (we’ll) be cold.
Luckily, this warm Cranberry Orange Cider in my new Thermos® will help us out.
It only takes about 15 minutes to whip up then you can store it in your Thermos® bottle which will keep it warm for hours (24 hours!) with its double insulated walls. Plus, it holds up to 40 oz so that’s enough for all three of us.
- 2 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 orange slices
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Add the cranberry-apple juice, orange juice, cinnamon stick, and orange slices to a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and orange slices and stir in the honey.
- Serve warm and garnish with more orange slices & cinnamon sticks if you want.
You can pick up a Thermos brand bottle at Meijer, Walgreens, or Bed Bath & Beyond, among other places. Or, if you’re feeling lucky, you should visit their Facebook page and enter to win TEN Thermos brand products.