Crispy Baked BBQ Chicken Strips
Thank you to Van’s Simply Delicious® for sponsoring today’s post. As always, all opinions are my own.
I struggle with dinner ideas almost every night. I’m not one of those on-top-of-it meal planners which typically makes dinner my least favorite time of day. I often have chicken in the fridge but coming up with quick and easy ways to cook it, that all of us will love, can be tricky. Nobody wants the same boring thing every night.
Last week, on our weekly Meijer grocery shopping trip, we wandered down the gluten free aisle and found the Van’s Simply Delicious® line of gluten free dry goods. I’m always looking for new ideas for us so we picked up the Say Cheese Crackers, Mighty Good BBQ Multi-Grain Chips, and Fire Roasted Veggie Crackers.
I decided to crush up the Multi-Grain BBQ Chips and make a breading for some chicken strips and the results were fantastic! Tons of flavor in a quick, easy, and wholesome dinner = a win for all of us.
If you’re new to Van’s Simply Delicious® dry good products, they’re nutrient-dense, gluten-free, and taste great! Before I was diagnosed with Crohn’s, I was tested for Celiac Disease. I sure would miss gluten but using the chips on these chicken strips is a great alternative to panko or traditional bread crumbs.
Three ingredient gluten free Crispy Baked BBQ Chicken Strips made with Vans® Multi-Grain BBQ Chips can be whipped up in about 30 minutes so they're perfect for a weekday dinner!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" strips
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Vans® Multi-Grain BBQ Chips, crushed
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and cover a baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray the foil with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Trim your chicken breasts and slice into 1" pieces. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- In a medium bowl, add two eggs and beat with a fork.
- In another medium bowl, add your crushed chips (I added the chips to a baggie and crushed with my fist).
- Make an assembly line with your chicken strips, eggs, chips, and your prepared pan.
- Dip each strip first into the egg, then into the chips making sure to fully coat each piece, then lay them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip, then bake for another 10 minutes until crisp.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
To support Celiac Awareness Month, select Meijers will be running in-store demos during the month of May so look out for those as you do your shopping on May 29th. If you’re not already an mPerks member, sign up here and get an offer for Vans products. They text me really useful coupons once a week that I am getting better about remembering to use at checkout!
Do you or someone you know follow a gluten free diet?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Van’s Simply Delicious®. The opinions and text are all mine.