This recipe is so easy. It was perfect for a Sunday dinner and because it is so simple, it gave me plenty of time/energy to make garlic knots to serve with it.
If you need a new slow cooker, my husband got me this Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget It one for Christmas & it’s so nice – I love being able to set it in the morning then it automatically switches to warm when it’s done. So convenient since I’m gone from the house for 10+ hours during the day which is much longer than most slow cooker dishes need to cook.
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 breasts), cubed
- 1 jar (about 15 oz) alfredo sauce (I used Classico Roasted Garlic but also love Trader Joe's)
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- salt & pepper
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- ½ lb pasta, cooked (we used capellini/angel hair)
- Cube your chicken breasts then season with salt & pepper.
- Add the chicken to the crock pot and sprinkle with the dried onion.
- Pour the jar of alfredo sauce over the chicken. I also added a little water (about ¼ cup) to the jar, closed the lid, shook it, then added that to the crock pot as well.
- Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours or low for about 6.
- Once the 4 (or 6 hours) are up, add in the sun dried tomatoes (julienne them, if necessary – mine, from Trader Joe’s, came that way).
- Tear up the baby spinach and toss that in, too.
- Stir and let the spinach wilt and the tomatoes slightly soften.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta then spoon on top.
Some links on my blog are affiliate links meaning if you buy from them, Amazon will throw me a few pennies (literally, pennies), at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.