Four ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is in my regular dinner rotation because it’s so easy & so good!
If you google “crock pot chicken tacos” (like I did), you’ll find a ton of variations on the recipe. Now mine will be one you find (or just did).
Once you make the chicken, you can assemble it any way you want – I had a burrito, then chicken nachos, then made Mr. Williams a grilled stuffed burrito. Whatever tickles your fancy. It’s such a simple recipe that can be used so many different ways. Let me know what you try!
SLOW COOKER SALSA CHICKEN FOR BURRITOS/TACOS/NACHOS
This recipe is in our regular rotation because not only is it easy to prepare when you’re short on time, the possibilities are endless. You can make rice bowls, burritos, nachos, tacos – make each member of your family happy!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (just over a pound)
- 1-2 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 10-16 oz of salsa (or you can use jarred, I like Herdez)
- ½ cup frozen corn, optional
- Burrito size or taco size tortillas
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese (I use a Mexican blend or pepper jack)
- Sour cream
- Rice (I used Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Santa Fe Ready Rice)
- Cut chicken into large pieces and put into the crock pot.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning, top with salsa & frozen corn.
- Cover & let cook for 4-5 hours on high.
- Stir it up then shred with a fork. Mine fell apart really easily.
- Assemble any way you want. My favorite was putting some chicken, rice, sour cream, cheese & salsa into the middle of the burrito, mix it up, then wrap it and grill for a couple minutes on each side.
Things you may need…
My Slow Cooker of choice