Sometimes you just need a simple recipe that doesn’t require a trip to the store for ingredients and dirtying up every dish in the kitchen. This is one of those recipes. Make something simple so you can spend time enjoying moments with your family and friends.
Peanut buttery and chocolatly, they’re good warm or cold and perfect with a glass of milk.
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used creamy, I want to try chunky)
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- As many Ghirardelli baking chips as makes you happy. I think I used 1 cup.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer (I used my Kitchen Aid stand mixer), beat all ingredients in a large bowl until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop or a teaspoon to drop dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies start to lightly brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I really went back and forth on whether or not I would talk about what happened in Newton here, but it’s been weighing on me heavily so I decided to do it. A mention in a blog post seems so trivial, but when you think of it as bloggers across the country uniting to remember the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting, I think it is pretty awesome. In the off chance that anyone personally affected by this tragedy sees this post, I just want you to know you’ve all been in my thoughts and prayers this week.