Only five ingredients in these super simple Fiesta Fudge Cookies topped with Hershey’s Hugs. Perfect for a Christmas cookie swap!
I love getting mail so I joined White Lights on Wednesday for a Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap. It was pretty much the easiest swap ever. We just had to pick our favorite Christmas cookie recipe and snail mail it to our partner, then make the recipe we received. I was a little nervous because mine came late but I scrambled and got these made. Lucky for me, these Fiesta Fudge Cookies are one of the simplest cookies I’ve ever made. Only a few ingredients and you don’t even need a mixer.
FIESTA FUDGE COOKIES
It’s not often that I make a recipe off a recipe card without looking at the picture. So, halfway through making these, it dawned on me that I was putting the Hershey kisses in upside down. Oops. I think they’re kinda cute that way. I also stuffed about 10 of them with dark chocolate Reese’s peanut butter cups because it seemed like a good idea. It was.
Semi-homemade Fudge Cookies topped with a Hershey Hug make a great holiday treat!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Hershey Hugs, unwrapped (I noticed they also have candy cane flavored kisses. Those might be cute)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter and chocolate 1 minute. Stir; microwave 1 minute longer or until butter is melted and chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- Stir condensed milk into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in cookie mix and cinnamon until well blended.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion out approximately 1 Tablespoon of dough. Mine made 40.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until edges lose their shiny look (do not overbake). Immediately press 1 candy into center of each cookie.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheet 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. To get candy to spread slightly on top of cookie, tap edge of each cookie lightly. Cool completely.
- Store covered at room temperature.
I’m sending these off to work with the Mr. because I don’t need 40+ cookies laying around, taunting me.