Loaded Baked Potato Dip only has three ingredients and is perfect for game day snacking. If you love loaded baked potatoes, you’ll love dipping your chips or potato wedges into this simple dip!
LOADED BAKED POTATO DIP
I am all about dips on game day. My enthusiasm for sports stops at the menu. I can’t tell you much about football (or any sport if we’re being honest), but I can quickly plan and execute a game day spread.
I love ordering a good baked potato from restaurants. Sour cream, shredded cheese, sometimes bacon (when I’m not in a vegetarian phase) loaded onto a simple potato makes the perfect meal for me.
That’s why I knew I’d love this Loaded Baked Potato Dip. Don’t get confused – there aren’t any potatoes IN the dip, just all the usual toppings. Then you need a nice, sturdy chip to dip into it (I suggest a ruffle – the regular chips just can’t hold all the goodness), or a good waffle fry or potato wedge. It’s the perfect deconstructed baked potato that you won’t be able to stop eating.
Yay sports ball 😉
- 16 oz sour cream
- 16 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- Serve with potato chips or potato wedges or fries.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, saving a little cheese & bacon to sprinkle on top, and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving so the flavors can come together. You can also add chives or scallions if you like those.
- Top with extra shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Serve with potato chips or potato wedges.
- The dip will keep in the fridge for up to a week if kept in an airtight container.
Photos updated January 29, 2017
Other dips you may like…
Garlic Herb Dip