This no bake Chocolate Lush is filled with cream cheese, chocolate pudding, and chocolate chips on top of an Oreo cookie crust – a chocolate lovers dream!
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE LUSH
I’m taking a break from all things fall for a minute to share this Chocolate Lush I took to a barbecue a couple weeks ago. Oreos are great for no-bake recipes (see my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Oreo Bon Bons) and with all the flavors coming out lately, you could really switch up the direction of this dish. But, gimme all the chocolate.
I have a confession, I don’t like Cool Whip or whipped cream (persnickety, remember?) BUT I decided to try this Chocolate Lush anyway, since I like all the other components, and it was delicious!
Sad story – my brother, who loves these types of desserts, was out of town for the barbecue but there was about 1/4 of this pan left so I took it to him the next day. Except, I left it in the car on my way to work and it was a blob by the time I remembered it. Oops.
- 1 package (36 cookies) Oreos
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 brick (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temp
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3¼ cups milk, plus 2 Tablespoons, divided
- 1 tub (12 oz) Cool Whip, divided
- 2 (3.9 oz) packages instant chocolate pudding
- mini chocolate chips
- Use a food processor (or a zip top bag and a rolling pin) to crush the Oreos into fine crumbs.
- Into a medium bowl, pour in the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish and use a spatula (or the bottom of a measuring cup) to evenly press the crumbs across the dish.
- In the same medium bowl, add the cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add in the 2 Tablespoons of milk and sugar and mix well.
- Use a spatula to divide the Cool Whip in half and fold half into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust and pop it into the fridge to set for about 10 minutes.
- While it's setting, to a large bowl, add the pudding mixes and 3¼ cups milk and beat on medium until it starts to thicken.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer. Put back into the fridge to set for another 10 minutes.
- Once set, gently spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let chill for at least 4 hours in the fridge or 1 hour in the freezer before you slice.
I first shared this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’.
Things you may need…
Mini Food Processor
New hand mixer I just got
Covered baking dish – also just got this!