Baked Salsa Chicken Casserole is the perfect one pan dinner recipe for busy week nights or any night that you want a quick and easy dinner that’s full of flavor!
Did you have a good weekend? We just got back from summer vacation. We went to South Haven, MI and it was gorgeous. The perfect mix (to me) of “up north”, quiet beach town and city (plenty of shopping and food within minutes). It was our first vacation and road trip with Julia but she did really well and we had a great time.
One Dish Baked Salsa Chicken Casserole
I can’t believe that Labor Day is this weekend and summer will officially be over. All my friends with older kids will be (or already are) back to the hustle bustle of school days.
Julia isn’t in school yet, but our evenings are constantly hectic and I’m always trying to think of quick and easy dinner ideas. I make a really easy slow cooker salsa chicken but sometimes, I forgot to set the slow cooker so this One Dish Baked Salsa Chicken Casserole is perfect.
McCormick has a new line of organic, non-GMO, seasoning mixes that help make flavorful dinners that you can feel good about. There is Brown Gravy Mix, Chili Seasoning Mix, Fajita Seasoning Mix, and the Taco Seasoning Mix, which I used in this dish.
Baked Salsa Chicken Casserole Recipe
One Dish Baked Salsa Chicken Casserole is perfect for busy week nights or any night that you want a quick and easy dinner that's full of flavor!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the uncooked rice, melted butter, water, and 1 teaspoon of the taco seasoning into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Stir to combine.
- Place the butterflied chicken breasts and remaining taco seasoning into a large zip top bag and shake to fully coat.
- Lay the seasoned chicken breasts on top of the rice and pour salsa over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Stir rice then serve.
Or maybe you’ll like…
Blender Salsa (On The Border copycat)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.