Oven roasted garlic green beans are a super simple and healthy side dish that I can never stop eating!
I had a pound of fresh green beans that I wanted to pair with my Crock Pot Lemon Chicken but I needed a recipe. Since Pinterest is my new love, I did a quick search for “green beans” & came up with a ton of ideas. I somewhat combined this one & this one & ended with a very good side dish.
(Note: 3/18/12): Ok, this recipe has been pinned about a million times (I exaggerate, but it’s a lot), yet no one has left me any comments. If you’ve tried it, let me know how they turned out! I’d love to hear from you.
(Note: 8/12/15): This is still one of my very favorite side dishes. The key is to heat up the pan before you put the green beans on it so they start cooking instantly. This is one of those dishes that even after I’m full, I can’t stop myself from grabbing another one as I walk past the pan.
Oven roasted garlic green beans are a healthy side dish that I can never stop eating!
- 1 lb of fresh green beans, trimmed (& I snapped the long ones in half)
- 4 t. of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t., or so, of lemon juice
- 1 Tb of minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 425 and place a foil covered baking sheet into the oven to get hot.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl & toss to coat.
- Let the ingredients marinate for awhile – I did about 20 mins but I’m sure the longer the better.
- Remove the hot pan (carefully) and add the green beans, spreading to a single layer. You should hear them sizzle immediately.
- Bake at 425 for 8-12 minutes, until crisp tender.
Baking sheets – it’s nice to have the lip so the beans don’t roll off (talking from experience)
Minced garlic – this one packed in olive oil is a time saver