This super simple Peaches and Cream Ice Cream Pie is filled with broiled peaches and creamy vanilla bean ice cream, piled into a graham cracker crust, and drizzled with butterscotch sauce. The perfect dessert for a hot summer day!
I feel like I’ve taken most of the month of July off from blogging. Actually, I don’t just feel like I have, I have. My sweet little sleeper decided that there are far more interesting things to do than sleep.
She used to go to bed so easily, right around 7:30/8:00 pm, which left me time for cooking, cleaning, saying hi to my husband, sitting down. But, since the 4th, bedtime has been ridiculous. Up and down, lots of tears, passing out in the hallway, and not going to sleep until 10-11 pm.
Oh, and she’s been getting up anywhere between 4:15-6:15 am. I am pooped. I don’t know if it’s her molars, or just a phase, or if I was just spoiled the last 10 months or so. Whatever it is, say a little prayer for me.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
This past Sunday she was up bright and early at 6:00. We did a bunch of things around the house and took a walk but it was getting hot fast, so we made a trip to Walmart. We don’t go there too often but she loves people watching almost as much as I do so it was a fun way to kill some time.
We also timed it perfectly to run into the Blue Bunny ice cream demo. After finishing nearly an entire container of raspberries (don’t judge – even though pre-baby I probably would’ve judged the parents that fed their kids at the grocery store), Julia was ready for some ice cream. Blue Bunny has a ton of flavors that sounded great but my dad’s birthday is coming up & he likes simple things, so I picked up some Premium Vanilla Bean, some fresh peaches, and we headed home.
Pre-baby, I would have definitely made the graham cracker crust from scratch but being sleep deprived and short on time, I opted for the store bought crust. Either one will work just fine but here is a good recipe for a homemade graham cracker crust, if you want to go that route.
Besides being so easy, another great thing about this pie is that you can make it well in advance. I’m going to bring it to my dad’s birthday dinner tomorrow but it’s all ready and waiting. Simple, delicious, and cool – the perfect summer dessert!
- 3.5 cups Blue Bunny Premium Vanilla Bean ice cream
- 3 larges peaches (this was 2 lbs for me)
- 1 graham cracker crust (store bought or homemade)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- butterscotch sauce
- Preheat your broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Cut your peaches in half, pit them, then slice into approximately ½" wedges and lay them in an even layer across your prepared baking sheet.
- Broil until they begin to brown, about 3-5 minutes, but it will depend on your broiler so keep an eye on them!
- Toss the peaches around with a spatula then sprinkle ¼ cup brown sugar evenly over them.
- Continue broiling until the sugar melts and starts to caramelize. This should take about 3 minutes. I rotated the peaches around with my spatula half way through.
- While the peaches are broiling, to a large bowl, add ½ cup brown sugar, a pinch of salt, and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Once the peaches are done, pour them, along with their juices, into the bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for approximately 2 hours.
- Once you're ready to assemble your pie, soften your ice cream. I set my ice cream out for about an hour to soften, or you can microwave on low power if you're in a hurry.
- Scoop the softened ice cream into the broiled peaches bowl and stir to combine well. Pour the ice cream into the prepared graham cracker crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm. Also, put your remaining ice cream mixture into the freezer.
- Once ready to serve, drizzle butterscotch across the top of the pie, then use a small cookie scoop to scoop the remaining prepared peach ice cream into balls around the edge of the pie.
Follow Blue Bunny’s #SunsOutSpoonsOut hashtag for lots of great ideas for cool summer treats!
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?