Salsa Chicken Scoops with Zucchini are bite sized appetizers made with flavorful slow cooker salsa chicken packed inside a tortilla chips with zucchini.
SALSA CHICKEN SCOOPS WITH ZUCCHINI
Did you have a good 4th of July weekend? I had 4 1/2 days off and they went by sooooo fast. Besides a ton of rain, we had fun. Lots of family and friends time, which is my favorite. And a haircut, pedicure, and a few Target trips. Those are my favorite, too.
Remember when I made homemade taco seasoning last week? Well, I used it to make crock pot salsa chicken. Then I turned the salsa chicken into these little, bite sized scoops. They reminded me of pizza rolls, but a homemade, Mexican version. They would be great as a finger food at a party, but we ate them for dinner. I threw the salsa chicken into the crock pot during my lunch hour so when I got home from work, I only had to make the zucchini, shred the cheese, and assemble them. So simple.
- 1 cup
- crock pot salsa chicken
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup
- (I used homemade, you can use jarred)
- scoops tortilla chips (I used
- Tostitos multi-grain
- but I saw that there's a store brand, too)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Add a turn of olive oil to a large frying pan and let warm up over medium high heat. Add in the diced zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Saute until tender then remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cooked salsa chicken with the shredded cheese, additional salsa, and cooked zucchini.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of the chicken mixture into each tortilla chip and line up on your baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let cool slightly then enjoy.
Adapted from The Little Kitchen
Or maybe you’ll like…
(Visited 1,100 times, 9 visits today)
Let's Chat5 Comments
Join Persnickety Plates on