Simple Summer Strawberry Pie that will be a hit at your next party, picnic, or barbecue!
Since I’m in Mexico and not cooking, today I have Melanie from Artzy Creations here to share her Summer Strawberry Pie. I “met” Melanie via Pinterest and her “2 Mins For A Fuller Ponytail” idea. She’s so clever. Also, how cool is this “Transform Your Phone Case” tutorial? I thought it was some type of sticker. She’s full of fun ideas so go visit her after you make this pie.
Hi Everyone! I’m Melanie from Artzy Creations and Melissa has invited me to share one of my favorite childhood recipes for Summer Strawberry Pie. This was one of my family’s favorite go to recipes for the summer when strawberries are the yummiest and still is to this day. It so easy and simple! Plus, this pie makes for a great dessert to take to any party, picnic, or summer barbecue.
- 1 Frozen Pie Shell (Not Deep Dish)
- 2 Containers of Strawberries (About 2 Quarts)
- 3 TBS. from 1 Package of Strawberry Jello
- 3 TBS. of Cornstarch
- 1 C. of Sugar
- 1 C. of Water
- Bake the pie shell according to the instructions. While the pie shell is cooling, clean the strawberries and remove the tops, etc.
- Place the strawberries in the pie shell. In a pot, put the Jello, Cornstarch, Sugar and Water. Bring to a slow boil. Let this boil for a couple of minutes and until it thickens. Remove and place to the side. Let the filling cool. Stir occasionally to speed the process along. This takes probably a good 20 to 30 minutes. Once the filling has cooled and is still warm, pour on top of the pie. Let the pie set up for a couple of hours. Serve with homemade whip cream.
- There you have it! The best part about this recipe is the filling doesn't have all the extra preservatives that you find in the strawberry pie filling that comes in a bag. Enjoy!
Come and stop by Artzy Creations where I have lots of tutorials for crafts, jewelry, sewing, etc. I also like to share my occasional recipe or two. Thank you and thanks Melissa for having me! 🙂
Let's ChatLeave A Comment
Join Persnickety Plates on