Spicy Ranch Chicken is healthy, has only three ingredients, and is made in the slow cooker – perfect!
We closed on our new house! yayayayay So, we’ve been spending a lot of time browsing hardware stores and furniture shopping (do you have a couch you love, btw? I’d love a recommendation!). My kitchen is finally going to have more than one drawer. I don’t even know what I’m going to do with myself.
I actually made this recipe a couple weeks ago but because of aforementioned (big word of the day) house business, I’m just getting around to posting it. If you need a healthy, easy, slow cooker dinner, this is perfect.
When I was at the grocery store, I saw that Hidden Valley makes a spicy ranch packet. I’ve cooked with the regular ones before, but I was excited to try the spicy version. This isn’t overly spicy, so it’ll be fine for the kids (I think), but it gives the chicken a nice kick. I paired it with sweet potato fries and some broccoli (which we basically eat every night now because it’s Baby Girl’s favorite).
It doesn't get much easier than three ingredients in the slow cooker! Throw together this delicious dish of Spicy Ranch Chicken
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock (I use low sodium)
- 1 packet spicy ranch dressing mix
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Trim your chicken breasts and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- In the pot of your slow cooker, add in one cup of chicken stock.
- Sprinkle half of the the packet of spicy ranch dressing onto one side of the chicken, then lay the chicken seasoned side down into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining ranch mix over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 3.5 - 5 hours.