Panko Crusted Chicken paired with Birds Eye® Steamfresh® Buffalo Cauliflower – a quick and easy dinner ready in 30 minutes!
Like I told you last week, we went grocery shopping at Meijer and picked up some new Birds Eye® Steamfresh® Buffalo Cauliflower. My blogging claim to fame (jk, but seriously it’s my most viewed post, by far) is the Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites I make so I was excited to see how this version compared. Mine is breaded and baked, this version is steamed with a buffalo sauce. I really liked this version! You can’t beat throwing a bag in the microwave for 6 minutes and having a side dish fully ready. It doesn’t get much easier than that! It is spicy and flavorful but nothing too crazy. I’m still somewhat of a wimp when it comes to spice and this was the perfect amount for me.
The Buffalo Cauliflower paired beautifully with this panko crusted chicken. I’ve mentioned my love of panko before and this is one of my favorite ways to prepare a quick and easy dinner. Make an assembly line – chicken, melted butter, seasoned panko, baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes and your chicken is done.
Make the Buffalo Cauliflower while the chicken is cooking then dinner’s ready.
Baked Panko Crusted Chicken with Buffalo CauliflowerPrint Pin
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Trim your chicken breasts. One pound is generally 3 breasts. Either buy them "thin sliced" or butterfly them so you have 6 pieces. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat then whisk in the garlic powder (you could also melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl - up to you). Remove from the heat and let cool for a minute.
- In a medium bowl, add the panko, cayenne pepper, and lemon pepper. Stir together.
- Dip each chicken piece into the slightly cooled butter then dip directly into the seasoned panko, pressing so the chicken breast is fully coated. Lay the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with each piece.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Birds Eye® new products: Steamfresh® Flavor Full and Steamfresh® Protein Blends – in 8 varieties!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Birds Eye® . The opinions and text are all mine.