This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Campbell Soup Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
Six ingredients, one casserole dish – Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole is perfect for busy weeknights!
If I’m being honest, my least favorite time of day to be a mom is from around 6-8 pm. In that two hour window, I drive home, figure out what’s for dinner, make/get/eat dinner, give Julia a bath, chase Julia to get her dressed, read books, then hope for a smooth bedtime. Individually, all those things are typically my favorites, but squeezing them into a tight, hectic window every night is tiring.
You’d think, as a food blogger, I might plan out meals, but I don’t. I’m not organized enough for that.
Campbell’s has a new line of oven sauces and after trying this one, I want to try them all. I need more recipes like this in my life. Six ingredients, one casserole dish, very minimal cleanup, and all of us loved it. Julia ate way more of it than I’m used to seeing her eat lately. A protein, carb, and veggie all in one dish.
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts ~1 pound
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup water
- 14 oz frozen broccoli
- 1 packet 12 oz Campbell's Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Oven Sauce
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, add in the water, uncooked rice, frozen broccoli, and about 10 oz of the cheesy sauce. Stir together.
- Trim your chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Lay on top of the broccoli mixture.
- Pour the remaining sauce on top of the chicken and use a spatula to coat it.
- Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs (and I added a dash of paprika).
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes-1 hour or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
What’s even better than having an easy weeknight dinner that helps the evening go smoothly? Having leftovers the next day so I have even less to think about. I made the original dish on Friday night and ate leftovers for lunch on Saturday.
There are lots of ways you can use these new oven sauces. Check out Campbell’s Kitchen for Campbell’s new products and to see more delicious Campbell recipes
You can also visit @Campbells on Twitter & Facebook for more ideas!