1 box uncooked jumbo pasta shells
6 cloves garlic
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
30 oz. part skim ricotta cheese (I used a little less)
1/3 cup italian bread crumbs
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
6 large basil leaves, torn (I used dried)
1/3 cup half and half (I substitued with a milk/butter combo)
~28 oz. spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (I skipped this & used an Italian shredded blend)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook pasta shells according to package directions and drain. Lay shells out on cutting board/cookie sheet to prevent from sticking together.
3. Add ingredients garlic through half and half to food processor and process until just combined. (I just mixed by hand.)
4. Spoon enough spaghetti sauce into 9×13 pan to cover bottom.
5. Fill the cooked shells with ricotta mixture and place open side up in pan.
6. Spoon as much of the remaining spaghetti sauce over shells as you’d like.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
I made a whole box of jumbo shells & ended up having like 10 left over without filling. It was very good, I’ll be making it again.