Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops with Parmesan Smashed Potatoes. A hearty and comforting meal.
I never make pork. Last time I tried, I did a shake & bake style pork chop and it turned out tough and not good. This recipe turned out the opposite – tender & tasty. Plus, it’s a Crock Pot recipe, with only 3 ingredients, so it’s super easy. The mashed potatoes were a nice change from my usual and the roasted green beans turned out even better than last time I made them.
If you need a slow cooker recommendation, you know I love my Set ‘n Forget that I got for Christmas. After it’s done cooking, it automatically switches over to “warm” so it’s perfect for days you’re at work and need a few extra hours.
Unrelated, check out the cute, new watermark I’ll be adding to my pictures. I have been very happy to see a few of my pictures floating around on Pinterest (totally excited about that!), so I thought it’d be nice to put my name on them.
Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops with Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- For the Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops 1/2 inch thick
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing seasoning
- 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- For the Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- 4 lbs peeled cubed potatoes
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese I used a parmesan, asiago & romano blend
- 6 cloves roasted garlic shortcut – I used minced garlic in olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper or to taste
- Place pork chops, ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
- You probably know how to make mashed potatoes, but in case you don’t…Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stove top over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and bring back to the stove. Add butter, cheese, garlic, milk, salt and pepper and smash. Season to taste if needed. For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consistency.
- Scoop mashed potatoes onto serving plates and top with pork chops and soup gravy from crock pot.