You only need five simple ingredients to make this easy Oreo dip! Loaded with cream cheese, whipped cream, and crushed Oreo cookies, this sweet dip is perfect for dipping strawberries, nilla wafers, and more.
Sweet dips are perfect for taking to potluck events, summer cookouts, or serving up for an easy dessert.
Unlike Oreo fluff, which includes pudding, this dip has a cream cheese base that is sturdier and perfect for dipping.
Grab some vanilla wafers, fresh strawberries, graham crackers, apple slices, shortbread cookies, or even more Oreos to scoop up the Oreo dip.
It also makes the perfect pool party snack since it’s cool and creamy and so easy to throw together.
Why you’ll love this Oreo Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- Easy Recipe – This easy Oreo dip recipe only takes minutes to make. Then when you are done, toss in the fridge and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Perfect Dip for Hot Days – If you are want a light dessert this dip is great for hot days where you want something sweet but not too heavy.
- Oreo Lover – I love how this Oreo dip has crushed Oreos bits in each bite. You get the flavors of Oreo in every single bite.
- No-bake dessert – No need to turn on the oven for this dessert dip recipe. This makes an incredible party dip that takes no time to whip up. Serve it alongside Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip.
Equipment you’ll need
Ingredients for Creamy Oreo Dip
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- OREOS – You’ll need 18 Oreos. I use classic here but you can experiment with different flavors.
- CREAM CHEESE – A brick of cream cheese, softened to room temperature, so it’s easy to mix.
- POWDERED SUGAR – Sometimes called confectioners’ sugar or icing sugar. Same thing.
- VANILLA – Pure vanilla extract for the best flavor. I know it’s pricey so I buy it in bulk from Sam’s or Costco.
- WHIPPED TOPPING – Thawed cool whip (tips below for quick thawing).
⭐️ Don’t want to use whipped topping (cool whip)? Make homemade whipped cream instead. With an electric mixer (or a whisk and some elbow grease), beat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 1.5 Tablespoons of vanilla extract in a large, cold bowl until stiff peaks form. Then, proceed with the rest of the recipe as written.
How to make Oreo Dip
- STEP ONE: First, crush up the Oreos in a large freezer bag. You want some texture, don’t overly pulverize them to crumbs.
- STEP TWO: Then, in a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- STEP THREE: Next, gently fold in the thawed cool whip and crushed Oreos.
- STEP FOUR: Store in the fridge until ready to serve, garnishing with additional crushed Oreos.
What to serve with Oreo Dip
Wash and slice up some fresh fruit to pair with this creamy dip. Some good options: fresh strawberries, raspberries, apple slices, orange wedges, and more.
Graham crackers, shortbread cookies, vanilla wafers, and more work great for dipping into your creamy whipped cream and cream cheese dip. Or even have whole Oreo cookies on the side for dipping as well.
Pretzels give a salty component to the sweet that is out of this world. The salty pretzels paired with the cream cheese mixture helps enhances all the flavors.
If you’re serving this delicious recipe at a party, you can pair it with some savory dips like:
- easy taco dip
- rotel dip with beef
- loaded potato dip
- view the rest of the dips for crackers & veggies here
Tips and Suggestions
- To switch up the flavors, instead of classic Oreos, try one of the many varieties (Golden Oreos, Peanut Butter Oreos, Mint Oreos, etc.)
- Instead of using Cool Whip you can make your own homemade whipped topping for this dessert. Just whip until it forms stiff peaks, and then fold into the Oreo cookie dip.
- Consider adding sprinkles to give this dessert even more color. This would be a fun addition to fit the theme of a holiday, birthday party, etc.
How to store leftovers
If you do not eat all of your Oreo cheesecake dip, you will want to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How long will it last in the fridge?
You can expect this dip to store for 2-3 days in the fridge. The Oreo cookies will soften as they are refrigerated, so if you want that crunch component back, save some cookies to sprinkle on right before serving.
Can I freeze it?
Due to the dairy in this delicious dessert you will find it does not freeze well. It will separate a bit, and the Oreos will be mushy.
How do you quickly thaw Cool Whip?
Most frozen whipped cream (such as Cool Whip) needs to be thawed in the fridge for 5-6 hours (overnight). But if you need a faster method, you have a few options:
- In the microwave – remove the lid from the Cool Whip, set the power to 50%, and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until it softens.
- In cold water – Place the whole container, with the lid on, into a big bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
- On the counter – Proceed with caution with this option because cool whip shouldn’t be left at room temperature for more than an hour but you can set a frozen tub on the counter and it should be thawed and usable within an hour.
How to soften cream cheese quickly
To quickly soften cream cheese, place the sealed foil package into a bowl of warm (not hot) water for 5 minutes.
How to crush up Oreo cookies without a food processor
You actually want a chunkier texture with the Oreos in this recipe so avoid using a food processor (you’ll end up with crumbs).
Instead, place the Oreos in a zip top freezer bag and smash them with a rolling pin. It works like a charm, takes just minutes to do, and easy cleanup!
Can I use low fat cream cheese?
Sure, low/reduced fat cream cheese (and Cool Whip) will work just fine.
Need more ways to use Oreo cookies? Try these:
Click here for my entire collection of dessert recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: