Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Chicken Fettuccine is the perfect pasta dish. Made from scratch but quick and easy!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Did you have a good weekend? We did. I’ll tell you what we did.
Friday we went for a late dinner/drinks downtown and got stuck in traffic from a Tigers game and concert letting out. But, while stuck, I got to see some of the Transformers 4 set, so that was kinda cool.
Saturday I pretended to be a photographer and took some family pictures for my friends. That was fun but photographing a very active two and four year old is way trickier than photographing some cookies.
Sunday we went shopping and bought allllll the things. Not really, but we both got some new clothes.
So it was a good weekend.
Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Chicken Fettuccine
I also contemplated making this Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Chicken Fettuccine again. It’s that good. I have a feeling I’ll be making it often. I love sun dried tomatoes and they pair perfectly with the basil and pasta.
Other pasta dishes you may like…
This Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo is really easy because it’s made in the slow cooker. Great for days you don’t have a lot of prep time.
Things you may need to make this Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Fettuccine…
- A large skillet. I’m in the market for a new one & have my eye on this one because it has a lid & is dishwasher safe.
- A ceramic knife set to make cutting a breeze.
- Tongs to stir/toss your pasta.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Chicken Fettuccine
- 1 lb chicken breasts or tenders
- 1/2 lb fettuccine noodles
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 2 Tb garlic minced
- 2 Tb flour
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 Tb butter
- 1/4 cup + a splash of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup basil chopped
- lemon pepper to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring salted water to boil and cook the fettuccine.
- My grocery store sells a “stir fry” package of chicken that is thin sliced and in small pieces. If yours doesn’t, thinly slice your chicken and cut into small pieces. Season with lemon pepper and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add in the chicken and cook until no longer pink. Because you have it thin sliced, it should cook fairly quickly. Once done, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan (there should be a little left over oil), add in the minced garlic and chopped onions. Cook until softened.
- Add in the chopped sun dried tomatoes and stir.
- Add in the flour and stir until the onion and tomatoes are coated and you don’t see any more raw flour.
- Add in the chicken broth and white wine. Stir until fully combined. Let it continue cooking until it reduces slightly.
- Add in the butter and heavy cream. Stir. Let the sauce reduce and thicken. Add more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Once thickened, add back in the cooked chicken and stir.
- Finally, add in the chopped basil and remove the skillet from the heat.
- Pour the cooked pasta into a large bowl then top with the cooked chicken mixture. Stir to combine then enjoy!
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.