This easy Berry Sangria recipe, full of fresh berries and red wine, is the perfect summer drink. Make as a single serving or triple the recipe and make a pitcher for friends.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Do you have a deck? We have one & get so much use out of it. Whenever we move, a deck is going to be on my must-have list.
Having a glass of sangria on the deck on a summer evening sounds dreamy. It’s not entirely feasible with young kids, or at least not as peaceful as I’m imagining, but someone do it for me and tell me all about it.
If you’re having friends over, this recipe is easy to triple and make a pitcher to share. It would be perfect to share for a girls night or book club or just because.
- Berries – Pick a mixture of your favorite fresh berries. I went with blueberries, strawberries, & raspberries.
- Red Wine – I went with a Merlot because of its fruity notes.
- Vodka – If you don’t like vodka, brandy or rum will work well.
- Orange Liqueur – Or your favorite fruit liqueur. Triple Sec is cheap but higher sugar content. A dry curacao is a better bet.
- Sparkling Water – If you like bubbly drinks, you can top this sangria off with your favorite sparkling water or soda.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Berry Slicer – Did you know a berry slicer was a thing? Now you do. And now you need one.
- Pretty Glasses – Drinks taste better out of pretty glasses.
- Glass Pitcher – If you triple this recipe to share with friends, you’ll need a pitcher.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A BERRY SANGRIA
STEP ONE: First, pick your favorite berries and slice them up. Add them to a glass and add 4 oz. of your favorite red wine. Pour in the vodka (or your liquor of choice) and orange liqueur to steep. Put it in the fridge for at least an hour for the fruit flavors to infuse with the wine.
STEP TWO: Add ice to a glass and pour the chilled sangria over the ice.
WHAT TYPE OF WINE IS GOOD FOR SANGRIA?
Pick a wine that is fruity, inexpensive, and one that you would like to drink on its own.
Tempranillo, Merlot, Zinfandel, Shiraz…or even Rose will work well. Again, choose one you would like on its own.
WHAT ALCOHOL DOES SANGRIA HAVE IN IT
Besides the wine, sangria often has liquor in it to take it up a notch. I opt for vodka because it’s what I like, but brandy or rum work well.
WHAT FRUIT GOES BEST IN SANGRIA
Sangria is versatile. This is a berry sangria so I opted for strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
Pineapple, peaches, pears, or apples will work too. Use what you like.
IS SANGRIA HIGH IN SUGAR
Sangria can be high in sugar because fruits are naturally sweet, so yes, depending on how you make it, it can be. Which orange liqueur you chose will also play a role in the sugar content – Triple Sec has a higher sugar content than a proper dry curacao. As written, this recipe has 7-12g of sugar per glass, which isn’t terrible.
NEED MORE DRINKS IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!