Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip has just FIVE ingredients and it makes a big batch that’s perfect for parties, get-togethers, or game days! This dip couldn’t be easier to make because it’s a slow cooker dip recipe! Put the ingredients into a crock pot and you can serve the dip right from the slow cooker, too!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE
This buffalo chicken dip recipe was actually my very first slow cooker experience. Growing up, my mom never used one, so I never used one. But now, I love using mine.
This easy crockpot buffalo chicken dip recipe gets rave reviews every time I bring it to a party and I’m always asked for the recipe – some even refer to it as “crack dip” because it’s addictive. Luckily I have this lil blog to point people to 😉
SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP INGREDIENTS
There are only five, everyday ingredients in this recipe which makes it super easy.
- Cooked & Shredded Chicken – I like to season then boil boneless, skinless chicken breasts when I make this recipe. You could also shred up a rotisserie chicken. Or, I suppose you could use canned chicken, but please don’t. It grosses me out haha
- Cream Cheese – Cube up a brick of cream cheese.
- Ranch Dressing – Hidden Valley is the brand I usually have on hand. Use your favorite.
- Frank’s Wing Sauce – Make sure you grab wing sauce and not regular hot sauce.
- Cheddar Cheese – Shredded cheddar cheese, whether you shred it yourself or buy a bag of pre-shredded. I usually use Mild Cheddar.
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
First, if you need to cook your chicken, I like to season with salt & pepper & seasoned salt then boil it in either water or chicken broth for 10 minutes at a rapid boil. Then remove and shred, either with forks, or throw it into your stand mixer with the paddle attachment to make things really easy.
If you have pre-cooked chicken, just shred it up.
Then, add all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on high for about an hour, stirring after 30 minutes.
Turn the heat to low or warm while serving.
That’s it! So easy.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Use a rotisserie chicken if you don’t feel like making your own.
- Start with room temperature cream cheese to get it to melt more evenly.
- Make sure you get Frank’s WING sauce and not regular hot sauce. Wing sauce is basically hot sauce thinned out with butter to make it less intense.
- Serve this dip with tortilla chips or celery sticks. Or, I’ve even had friends pile it onto pita bread & eat it as a sandwich.
NEED MORE BUFFALO RECIPES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
- Buffalo Cauliflower
- Buffalo Chicken Bread
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wrap
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- Slow Cooker – I’ve had the older version of this slow cooker for year. Now I want this one!
- Chip & Dip Tray – This one is heated – how cool!
- Frank’s WING Sauce – Make sure you get wing sauce and not just straight up hot sauce. Unless you’re into super hot.
- Serving Spoon – For scooping up all that goodness.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb cooked chicken shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Wing sauce Wing sauce, not regular hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place all ingredients into the slow cooker and heat on high for about an hour, until everything is melted.
- Give it a stir a few times along the way.
- Turn heat to low or warm while serving.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Originally published March 22, 2010