Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip has just FIVE ingredients and it makes a big batch that’s perfect for parties, get-togethers, or game days! This dip couldn’t be easier to make because it’s a slow cooker dip recipe! Put the ingredients into a crock pot and you can serve the dip right from the slow cooker, too!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This buffalo chicken dip recipe was actually my very first slow cooker experience. Growing up, my mom never used one, so I never used one. But now, I love using mine.
This easy crockpot buffalo chicken dip recipe gets rave reviews every time I bring it to a party and I’m always asked for the recipe – some even refer to it as “crack dip” because it’s addictive. Luckily I have this lil blog to point people to 😉
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
There are only five, everyday ingredients in this recipe which makes it super easy. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card with measurements.
- Cooked & Shredded Chicken – I like to season then boil boneless, skinless chicken breasts when I make this recipe. You could also shred up a rotisserie chicken. Or, I suppose you could use canned chicken, but please don’t. It grosses me out haha
- Cream Cheese – Cube up a brick of cream cheese.
- Ranch Dressing – Hidden Valley is the brand I usually have on hand. Use your favorite.
- Frank’s Wing Sauce – Make sure you grab wing sauce and not regular hot sauce.
- Cheddar Cheese – Shredded cheddar cheese, whether you shred it yourself or buy a bag of pre-shredded. I usually use Mild Cheddar.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the slow cooker
- STEP ONE: First, if you need to cook your chicken, I like to season with salt & pepper & seasoned salt then boil it in either water or chicken broth for 10 minutes at a rapid boil. Then remove and shred, either with forks, or throw it into your stand mixer with the paddle attachment to make things really easy. Alternatively, you can make instant pot shredded chicken.
If you have pre-cooked chicken (like a rotisserie chicken or make a whole chicken in the slow cooker), just shred it up.
- STEP TWO: Then, add all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for about an hour, stirring after 30 minutes.
- STEP THREE: Stir then turn the heat to LOW or WARM while serving.
That’s it! So easy.
Can I make it in the oven?
Yes, if you don’t want to use the slow cooker, you can make the buffalo chicken dip on the stovetop or bake it in the oven. Either way, you’re just melting the ingredients together.
If baking in the oven, top with a layer of cheese and bake at 350° for approximately 20-30 minutes.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a rotisserie chicken if you don’t feel like making your own.
- Start with room temperature cream cheese to get it to melt more evenly.
- Make sure you get Frank’s WING sauce and not regular hot sauce. Wing sauce is basically hot sauce thinned out with butter to make it less intense.
- Serve this dip with tortilla chips or celery sticks. Or, I’ve even had friends pile it onto pita bread & eat it as a sandwich.
How to store leftovers & reheat
We very rarely have leftovers but if you do, scoop any into an airtight storage container and place it in the fridge.
You can either reheat it in portions in the microwave, or if you have a lot leftover, you can place it back into the slow cooker on WARM to heat through.
Ways to repurpose leftovers
If you do happen to have leftovers and aren’t feeling very dippy, here are some ways you can transform your buffalo chicken dip into something even more delicious:
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Buffalo Chicken Bread
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Need more buffalo recipes in your life? Try these:
Need more slow cooker chicken recipes? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Hot Honey Chicken Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Equipment needed to make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker – I’ve had this slow cooker for years and highly recommend it.
- Chip & Dip Serving Set – This is cute, though I like to serve out of the slow cooker to keep it warm.
- Frank’s WING Sauce – Make sure you get wing sauce and not just straight up hot sauce. Unless you’re into super hot.
- Serving Spoon – For scooping up all that goodness.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Originally published March 22, 2010