Buffalo Chicken Wings are SO easy to make in your air fryer and they turn out perfectly crispy. They make the best appetizer or even dinner on game days.
Air Fryer Wings
You know I’m a big fan of buffalo flavored things. It started with my buffalo cauliflower, then I moved to buffalo ranch chicken wraps and buffalo chicken dip, and now air fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings.
However, the older I get, the more often I experience heartburn. When I was in my early 20s, I remember talking to an older coworker about her avoiding foods due to heartburn and I couldn’t relate to her at all because I didn’t know what frequent heartburn was.
Well. Now I do.
But I persevere because buffalo everything is delicious lol
How to cook chicken wings in the air fryer
- STEP ONE: Start by soaking your wings in salt water for at least an hour.
- STEP TWO: Pat the wings dry and season. I like to use onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and lemon pepper. Use your favorite seasonings.
- STEP THREE: Line your air fryer basket with a parchment paper liner and give it a light spray of olive oil. Then, place the seasoned wings in a single layer into the basket.
- STEP FOUR: Set the air fryer to 360 & fry for 12 minutes, use tongs to flip, and then fry for another 12 minutes at 360 degrees.
- STEP FIVE: Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl, pour in the buffalo wing sauce, and stir. Use a pastry brush to brush each wing with the sauce, and then turn the air fryer heat up to 390 degrees and fry for another 5 minutes (or until your favorite level of crisp). When poked with a fork, juices should run clear to let you know they’re done.
How long to cook chicken wings in the air fryer
Start to finish, it takes about 30 minutes to make crispy buffalo wings in the air fryer. So much faster than baking them!
Equipment you’ll need
- Air Fryer – I have and recommend the 5.8 qt. (or larger)
- Tongs – Super helpful for flipping hot wings.
- Pastry Brush – I like a silicone pastry brush for brushing on buffalo sauce because it’s easier to clean.
- Air Fryer Liners – Make for an easier clean up.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can follow the same recipe and bake these wings, they will just take longer to get crisp. Bake for 40-50 minutes, brushing on the sauce in the last five minutes, or until your favorite level of crisp is achieved.
Can I use frozen wings?
Yes, you can grab a bag of frozen “party wings” to make this recipe if you don’t have fresh ones. I prefer to safely thaw them before use, but you can air fry from frozen.
If you’re starting with frozen wings, cook them at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flip with tongs, cook another 15 minutes, then brush on sauce & do another 5 minutes or until crisp.
Frozen wings give off excess water, so they take slightly longer to crisp, but it works.
More delicious buffalo recipes:
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you’re like me and love spicy foods, even though they set you off, you should give TopCare Omeprazole ODT a try.
It is not intended for immediate relief – you take one dose every 24 hours, as directed, for long-lasting protection.
You might have heard of Prilosec but TopCare Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets are another heartburn medication that works just as well, comes in a dissolving tablet, and costs less.
You can pick it up at your local TopCare store, which is super convenient. Mine is a D&W Fresh Market right at the corner. Plus, right now there is a $2 off YES loyalty offer going on through 12/2 (off of the 14 count product)!
This post was originally sponsored by Mirum, but all opinions expressed are my own.