Buffalo Chicken Wings are SO easy to make in your air fryer and they turn out perfectly crispy. They make the best appetizer or even dinner on game days.
This post is sponsored by Mirum, but all opinions expressed are my own.
However, the older I get, the more often I experience heartburn. When I was in my early 20s, I remember talking to an older coworker about her avoiding foods due to heartburn and I couldn’t relate to her at all because I didn’t know what frequent heartburn was.
Well. Now I do.
If you’re like me and love spicy foods, even though they set you off, you should give TopCare Omeprazole ODT a try.
It is not intended for immediate relief – you take one dose every 24 hours, as directed, for long-lasting protection.
You might have heard of Prilosec but TopCare Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets are another heartburn medication that works just as well, comes in a dissolving tablet, and costs less.
You can pick it up at your local TopCare store, which is super convenient. Mine is a D&W Fresh Market right at the corner. Plus, right now there is a $2 off YES loyalty offer going on from 10/12-10/31 (off of the 14 count product)!
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN WINGS IN THE AIR FRYER
STEP ONE: Start by soaking your wings in salt water for at least an hour.
STEP TWO: Pat the wings dry and season. I like to use onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and lemon pepper. Use your favorite seasonings.
STEP THREE: Line your air fryer basket with a parchment paper liner and give it a light spray of olive oil. Then, place the seasoned wings in a single layer into the basket.
STEP FOUR: Set the air fryer to 360 & fry for 12 minutes, use tongs to flip, and then fry for another 12 minutes at 360 degrees.
STEP FIVE: Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl, pour in the buffalo wing sauce, and stir. Use a pastry brush to brush each wing with the sauce, and then turn the air fryer heat up to 390 degrees and fry for another 5 minutes (or until your favorite level of crisp). When poked with a fork, juices should run clear to let you know they’re done.
HOW LONG TO COOK CHICKEN WINGS IN THE AIR FRYER
Start to finish, it takes about 30 minutes to make crispy buffalo wings in the air fryer. So much faster than baking them!
TOOLS TO HELP YOU:
- Air Fryer – I have and recommend the 5.8 qt. (or larger)
- Tongs – Super helpful for flipping hot wings.
- Pastry Brush – I like a silicone pastry brush for brushing on buffalo sauce because it’s easier to clean.
- Air Fryer Liners – Make for an easier clean up.
DON’T HAVE AN AIR FRYER? YOU CAN BAKE THE WINGS.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can follow the same recipe and bake these wings, they will just take longer to get crisp. Bake for 40-50 minutes, brushing on the sauce in the last five minutes, or until your favorite level of crisp is achieved.
CAN I USE FROZEN WINGS?
Yes, you can grab a bag of frozen “party wings” to make this recipe if you don’t have fresh ones. I prefer to safely thaw them before use, but you can air fry from frozen.
If you’re starting with frozen wings, cook them at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flip with tongs, cook another 15 minutes, then brush on sauce & do another 5 minutes or until crisp.
Frozen wings give off excess water, so they take slightly longer to crisp, but it works.
MORE DELICIOUS BUFFALO RECIPES:
Make sure you prep yourself with TopCare Omeprazole ODT before you make these, too!
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings or wing dings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp your favorite chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup your favorite wing sauce
- 4 Tb butter
- olive oil spray
- Place the wings in a large bowl of salted water, cover, and refrigerate for an hour.
- Drain the water from the bowl and pat the wings dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle seasonings on both sides of the wings.
- Line the air fryer basket with a parchment paper liner (optional) and lightly spray with olive oil. Place the wings in a single layer in the basket. Cook at 360 degrees for 12 minutes, use tongs to flip the wings, then cook another 12 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, to a small microwave safe bowl, melt the butter then pour in the wing sauce and stir.
- Once the wings are done, use a pastry brush to brush the wings with the sauce then turn the air fryer up to 390 degrees and cook another 5 minutes or until your favorite level of crispy.
- Repeat as necessary for additional batches of wings.
- Serve with ranch, bleu cheese, or additional wing sauce for dipping.