Nothing is easier than this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes with Green Beans! Chicken breasts, green beans, red skin potatoes – your entire dinner cooked right in the crock pot!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes with Green Beans
This past weekend was a flurry of activities, per usual lately. I forgot about the never-ending to-do lists that come with a new house.
First, we swung by IKEA to get a new medicine cabinet for the bathroom then headed off to TV shop.
Quick side story about my luck lately – while at IKEA I realized my debit card was missing. Then I realized I hadn’t seen my little cross-body purse I usually carry on the weekends that holds my debit card (baby + diaper bag + errands + big purse is too much, so I usually keep a little purse to throw my card & license in).
Well, last week my car was broken into (I may have left the doors unlocked (I def did)…does that still count as broken in?) and I knew my sunglasses, iPod, and camera had been taken but it wasn’t until that moment at IKEA that I realized my little purse and debit card were also missing.
So, I dealt with calling the bank and canceling the card on our drive over to Sam’s Club (you’re welcome, Thief, for the gas you got. My treat). We browsed the TVs at Sam’s Club but couldn’t decide so we swung by the grocery department and got Baby Girl a giant case of strawberries and a 4lb bag of NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions from the freezer section.
Back to my unfortunate luck as of late. We dropped off our chicken and strawberries then went to Best Buy to TV shop.
We picked one and were at the register paying when I was told that the $100 gift card my boss gave me for Christmas only had $0.02 on it. Thanks credit card scammers!
I don’t even know how they do it – the card never left my purse or the cardboard cover it came in, but someone had their phone bill paid in Bellevue, WA. Again, you’re welcome, Thief.
Chicken and Potatoes Comfort Food
I’m back from that tangent I just went on. Let’s talk about chicken. I’ve said it before but I do my best to feed my family healthy foods that I feel good about.
I’ve become so much more aware of what we’re eating since having Julia. Her little body is a blank slate and I only want to feed her the best ingredients. NatureRaised Farms chicken is 100% natural*, has no added antibiotics, hormones, or steroids**, and the chickens are fed a vegetarian diet in open barns.
I love the big 4lb bag because I can put out however much chicken I want the night before to thaw so it’s ready for me to cook without making a daily trip to the grocery store.
I’ve made One Dish Ranch Chicken & Veggie Bake in the oven, but I decided I wanted to give my slow cooker some use for this version. I love that you make your entire dinner in one dish, it’s healthy and simple.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN POTATO & GREEN BEANS INGREDIENTS
- Chicken – I like to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Green Beans – I like to use fresh green beans. Frozen will work as well.
- Red Skin Potatoes – Scrub them, leave the skins on, and cube them.
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Montreal Chicken Seasoning – This is one of my favorite blends – it includes garlic, salt, onion, pepper, paprika, and a few other things.
- Lemon Pepper – My favorite. I put this on everything.
- Salt & Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Minced Garlic – Two cloves or you can use minced garlic that comes packed in oil.
Tools You Need For Chicken and Potatoes with Green Beans:
If you need a new slow cooker, my husband got me this Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget It for Christmas & it’s so nice – I love being able to set it in the morning then it automatically switches to warm when it’s done. So convenient since I’m gone from the house for 10+ hours during the day which is much longer than most slow cooker dishes need to cook.
CAN YOU PUT RAW CHICKEN IN THE SLOW COOKER?
Yes, you can put raw chicken in the slow cooker.
HOW LONG DOES CHICKEN TAKE IN THE SLOW COOKER
If you’re cooking your chicken on LOW, it should take 4-5 hours to cook in the slow cooker. If you set your slow cooker to HIGH, your chicken should be done in about 2.5-3 hours.
Slow cooker chicken is always so moist and tender! This makes it a favorite for kids and so easy to make sure everyone is happy at meal time!
Making a simple and healthy meal for your family has never been easier. If you, like me, are often away from home all day but want to have a healthy meal ready when you get home, this is a solution. Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes with fresh (or frozen) green beans and seasonings will be a new favorite!
NEED MORE CROCK POT CHICKEN DINNER IDEAS? TRY THESE:
- Crock Pot Honey Bourbon Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Crockpot Sweet & Sour Chicken
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
Slow Cooker Chicken Potatoes & Green Beans
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 lb red skin potatoes cubed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves minced garlic or 1 tsp minced garlic
- In a medium bowl, add the lemon juice, olive oil, chicken seasoning, lemon pepper, salt, pepper, onion powder, and minced garlic. Whisk together.
- To one side of the slow cooker, pile in the diced potatoes.
- On the other side, pile in the green beans.
- Layer your chicken breasts in the center.
- Pour the lemon juice mixture evenly over the chicken, potatoes, and green beans.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours without opening the lid.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
This post was originally part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and NatureRaised Farms, but all my opinions are my own.