Easter Egg Fruit Pizza is a festive sugar cookie fruit “pizza” with strawberry cream cheese frosting topped with fresh berries. You can make it super simple with a sugar cookie mix or make it from scratch.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Easter is going to come and go so quickly this year. It’s sandwiched between Baby Girl’s birthday and my birthday, on top of us trying to coordinate a move.
Anyway, I’m looking forward to Easter. I’ve been picking up basket stuffers for Julia and we got her a pretty dress for church. Everything is more fun with a baby.
Because of all the hectic-ness, I wanted to make a quick and easy dessert to bring to Easter dinner and this Easter Egg Fruit Pizza fit the bill.
I took a shortcut and used a sugar cookie mix because I welcome shortcuts in my life these days and I haven’t found a sugar cookie recipe that I love. Plus, I like the mix.
FRUIT PIZZA INGREDIENTS
- Sugar Cookie Mix – I like to use the Pillsbury “Purely Simple” sugar cookie pouch. You could also make them from scratch or use a roll of pre-made dough.
- Butter – melted & cooled.
- Cream Cheese – softened to room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract – use REAL vanilla extract. I know it’s pricey, but it’s worth it. I like to buy it at Sam’s or Costco in bulk.
- Powdered Sugar
- Strawberries – chopped roughly, you’re going to add them to the food processor.
- FRUIT – You’ll need approximately 3 cups for decorating- I used strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
TIPS TO MAKE THIS EASTER FRUIT PIZZA A SUCCESS
- If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you saw that I had a cookie fail, even with a mix. I forgot to grease the pan and the cookie fully stuck. Don’t forget to grease the pan!
- I found that the shape held up better when I cut the egg shape after baking the cookie, but feel free to shape the dough into an egg before you bake it. Either way works!
- I didn’t take any shortcuts with the fruit. I love fresh berries and this recipe really lets you showcase your favorites.
- I kicked up the cream cheese frosting by adding in some fresh strawberries which makes it a really pretty pink color (naturally!).
HOW DO I DECORATE THE FRUIT PIZZA
I found it easiest to cut the egg shape out of the cookie after it baked, but you could shape your dough into an egg before you bake.
Chop up the fruit in all different shapes and sizes so you can easily decorate your egg. I can’t wait until Julia is old enough to help with this kind of stuff.
If it’s not Easter, you could cut it into different shapes. One reader said she used the fruit to write “MOM” for Mother’s Day – super cute!
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU
- Pizza pan – I have a Pampered Chef pizza stone, but any regular pizza pan will work.
- Pizza cutter – like I said, I preferred to cut the egg shape after I baked the cookie. A pizza cutter makes that easy.
- Mini Food Processor – for whipping up the cream cheese frosting.
- Pie server – a simple pie server will make serving up this “pizza” a breeze.
More treats for Easter/Spring…
NEED EVEN MORE EASTER IDEAS? TRY THESE:
- Easter Bunny Chow
- Easter Fudge
- No Bake Mini Easter Egg Nests
- Peeps Pizza
- How to Dye Easter Eggs with Kool-Aid
- Easter Egg Oreo Truffles
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
HOW TO MAKE EASTER EGG FRUIT PIZZA
My first Easter basket was a success! Thank you to Personal Creations who let me customize Julia’s first basket and it turned out adorable. She was especially fond of the snack bar and new bunny sippy cup I included 🙂