Easter Egg Fruit Pizza is a festive sugar cookie fruit “pizza” with strawberry cream cheese frosting topped with fresh berries. You can make it super simple with a sugar cookie mix or make it from scratch.
Easter is going to come and go so quickly this year. It’s sandwiched between Baby Girl’s birthday and my birthday, on top of us trying to coordinate a move.
Anyway, I’m looking forward to Easter. I’ve been picking up basket stuffers for Julia and we got her a pretty dress for church. Everything is more fun with a baby.
EASTER EGG FRUIT PIZZA
Because of all the hecticness, I wanted to make a quick and easy dessert to bring to Easter dinner. I took a shortcut and used a sugar cookie mix because I welcome shortcuts in my life these days and I haven’t found a sugar cookie recipe that I love. Plus, I like the mix.
I didn’t take any shortcuts with the fruit. I love fresh berries and this recipe really lets you showcase your favorites.
I kicked up the cream cheese frosting by adding in some fresh strawberries which makes it a really pretty pink color (naturally!).
HOW DO I DECORATE THE FRUIT PIZZA
I found it easiest to cut the egg shape out of the cookie after it baked, but you could shape your dough into an egg before you bake. Chop up the fruit in all different shapes and sizes so you can easily decorate your egg. I can’t wait until Julia is old enough to help with this kind of stuff. If it’s not Easter, you could cut it into different shapes. One reader said she used the fruit to write “MOM” for Mother’s Day – super cute!
TOOLS YOU NEED TO MAKE EASTER EGG FRUIT PIZZA
Pizza pan – I have a Pampered Chef pizza stone, but any regular pizza pan will work.
Pizza cutter – like I said, I preferred to cut the egg shape after I baked the cookie. A pizza cutter makes that easy.
Pie server – a simple pie server will make serving up this “pizza” a breeze.
- 1 pouch 1lb 1.5oz sugar cookie mix (or your favorite "from scratch" recipe)
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 oz 1/2 brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup strawberries chopped
- approx. 3 cups fruit cut into pieces I used strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 13″ pizza pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the cookie mix, melted butter, and egg and mix with a spoon until a soft dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly onto the pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool completely, about 45 minutes. Cut into an egg shape (I just used a butter knife).
- In a food processor or blender, add the softened cream cheese, ½ cup chopped strawberries, powdered sugar, and vanilla and pulse until fully combined and smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the cooled cookie.
- Decorate with the cut up fruit.
- Slice with a pizza cutter & serve.
Or maybe you’d like…
My first Easter basket was a success! Thank you to Personal Creations who let me customize Julia’s first basket and it turned out adorable. She was especially fond of the snack bar and new bunny sippy cup I included 🙂