These Spring Chick Cupcakes are an adorable Easter dessert! These easy chocolate cupcakes are sure to be a favorite treat in your household. Perfect for spring, Easter brunch or just any time!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
So, Julia’s second (!) birthday is ON Easter this year. As fun as holidays are with a toddler, I’m a little bit sad that we have to share her birthday with a holiday. I really look forward to celebrating anything with her so I wish they were spread out a bit.
We’ll have fun regardless and her birthday will have a bit of an Easter theme this year.
Spring Chick Cupcakes
One of Julia’s current favorite books is called “Cutie Pie Looks for the Easter Bunny” so when I saw Bird On A Cake’s Easter chick cupcakes on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to make similar spring chick cupcakes.
As I mentioned last week, we went to Walmart and stocked up on baking supplies. I picked up a few Funfetti cake mixes as well as Dark Chocolate. I couldn’t resist all the frosting colors – I got white, orange, and yellow to use with these easy cupcakes – it was nice to skip the step of dying them myself.
Just like my monkey and panda cupcakes, it’s funny how just changing the eyes can give them different personalities.
Julia didn’t help with the decorating of these since they were a bit more involved than she’s ready for, but she certainly helped eat them. She was so excited to see them and shouted “chick!”.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
HOW TO MAKE SPRING CHICK EASTER CUPCAKES
Spring Chick Cupcakes for Easter
- 1 box Pillsbury Dark Chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- Neon Yellow Vanilla Funfetti frosting
- Orange All Star Vanilla Funfetti frosting
- yellow sanding sugar
- candy eye balls
- black gel icing
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two cupcake pans with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, oil, and water. Beat on low until just combined then beat on medium for two minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill each cupcake well about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 19-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- LET FULLY COOL.
- Once your cupcakes have cooled, give them a coat of yellow frosting.
- Dip the frosted cupcake into the yellow sanding sugar.
- With more yellow frosting, pipe on some feathers/hair and the wings (these look like a "7" and a backwards 7).
- Switch over to orange frosting and pipe on a beak and little feet.
- Pop in two candy eyeballs and use black gel icing to draw on the pupils and give them some personality.
Or maybe you’d like…
Cream Cheese Funfetti Bars
<em>This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.</em>