The other day I was browsing through my Pinterest boards looking for dinner inspiration when I realized I only pin desserts. And pasta. Or things covered in cheese. Basically, the most popular things on Pinterest, are no good for you.
ONE DISH RANCH CHICKEN VEGGIE BAKE
Then Macaroni & Cheesecake popped up in my blogroll with a one dish, balanced meal. A protein, vegetable, and a starch? In one dish? I was sold. I made a few changes and was really happy with how it turned out. The result was my version of Ranch Chicken in one dish with potatoes and green beans!
How To Make Ranch Chicken Veggie Bake
I was going to buy fresh green beans but then I realized I was too hungry to bother with trimming them so I took a shortcut with frozen. Canned green beans will work just fine if that’s what you have on hand. You could even use asparagus, broccoli, or cauliflower. Really any veggie is ideal for this.
Your entire dinner in one dish, with minimal prep and ingredients, is always a good thing. Plus, it’s fairly healthy!
One Dish Ranch Chicken, Potatoes, and Green Beans. Your whole dinner made in one casserole dish!
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (this was 3 breasts for me)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (I use Hidden Valley)
- 1 lb frozen whole green beans
- 1.5 lbs red skin potatoes, diced
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray (I always use olive oil spray) and set aside.
- Dice your potatoes and lay across half of the pan.
- Pour the green beans in the other half.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Trim your chicken breasts and season with salt & pepper. Lay them across the top of the green beans and potatoes.
- Sprinkle the packet of ranch dressing mix evenly over the entire dish.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, add in the olive oil then pour evenly over the entire dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for approximately 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender.
Make this easy Ranch Chicken & Veggie Bake all in one dish. It only takes a few minutes to prep, and then you have a meal cooking in an hour that you don’t have to worry about slaving over a hot stove for! This is ideal for busy moms, or for anyone who hates tons of messy dishes to clean!
Photos updated March 2, 2017
Or maybe you’d like…
Slow Cooker Chicken Potatoes & Green Beans