Chicken and Asparagus in a white wine sauce is a quick & easy low carb, 30 minute meal that looks (& tastes!) fancy.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Rachael Ray Create Delicious Cookware.
I’m always trying to think of new ways to cook easy chicken dinners with new flavors. This one pan meal is quick, full of flavor, and really easy.
CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS INGREDIENTS
- Chicken – Obviously. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Thin sliced.
- Salt & Pepper – the staples.
- Olive Oil – Pick a high quality olive oil that is light in flavor.
- Flour – To dredge the chicken.
- White Wine – A dry white wine, doesn’t have to be fancy.
- Chicken Stock – You can use low sodium, if that’s what you prefer.
- Garlic – Either two cloves of fresh garlic or (if you’re like me) about a teaspoon of minced garlic that you buy packed in oil. It’s a time saver.
- Asparagus – One pound of fresh asparagus with the ends trimmed.
- Parsley – Fresh parsley, chopped.
- Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice.
- Rice or Quinoa – Optional, but it’s nice to serve the chicken and sauce over something. Cauliflower rice would work, too.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE THIS DISH:
- Nonstick Skillet – I received the new Rachael Ray Create Delicious cookware set and it’s a dream to work with. I used the 10.25 deep skillet for this chicken asparagus recipe and besides being beautiful (it’s sparkly blue!), it cleaned up so easily. You’ll also need a skillet with a lid to steam the asparagus.
- EVOO Bottle – It’s really nice to have an olive oil bottle on the counter ready to go when you need it.
- Lazy Tools – If you’re been reading for a while, you’ve seen me recommend these tools for years. They’re heat safe with silicone handles and they have little notches to rest on the side of your pans.
- Garbage Bowl – I’ve had an orange Rachael Ray garbage bowl for years but this blue one is so much prettier! Perfect for stashing your scraps & garbage until you’re ready to move them to the trash.
WHAT GOES GOOD WITH CHICKEN BREAST?
WHAT SPICES PAIR WELL WITH ASPARAGUS?
Lemon and garlic, that we use in this recipe, pair perfectly with asparagus.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS
I served my chicken and asparagus over rice but you could also use quinoa or cauliflower rice to keep it low carb. Or, the white wine sauce would also be delicious over mashed potatoes.
Not only are these shimmery blue pots beautiful, they’re also oven safe up to 400 degrees, have silicone handles, are harder than stainless steel, and are dishwasher safe!
OTHER WAYS TO COOK WITH ASPARAGUS:
- Cheesy Ham Asparagus Breakfast Cups
- Cheesy Asparagus Puffs
- Spring Time Pasta Salad
- Bacon & Asparagus Pasta Salad
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!