7Up Chocolate Bundt Cake is a fun twist on a classic pound cake. This from scratch, moist bundt cake will be a hit at any gathering.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
This chocolate pound cake is rich and buttery and perfect as a delicious birthday cake, coffee cake, or for any special occasion. Easy to make and best served with ice cream!
If you like the traditional 7Up Pound Cake but are a chocolate cake lover, you’ll love this chocolate chip version! I’m always in favor of more chocolate.
I’ve made this cake several times on days we’re having BBQs because it’s so easy to slice up and easily serve.
HOW MANY SERVINGS ARE IN A STANDARD BUNDT CAKE
There are usually 16 decent sized slices in a standard bundt cake.
CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE INGREDIENTS
- Butter – Unsalted, softened to room temperature.
- Sugar – Granulated white sugar.
- Vanilla – Try to opt for pure vanilla extract and a decent brand even though I know it’s super pricey right now.
- Eggs – Large eggs.
- Flour – White, all purpose flour.
- Cocoa Powder – Pick a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 7Up – Adding pop (soda?) to baked goods makes them fluffy and moist.
- Chocolate Chips – I like Ghirardelli baking chips for all my chocolate chip needs.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and generously grease (I use non-stick spray) a bundt pan and lightly flour it. If you don’t want to see the flour, you can also use cocoa powder.
Then, in a mixing bowl, cream the butter with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the sugar and vanilla and beat until light & fluffy.
One at a time, add in the eggs, beating well after each addition.
Stir in the flour and cocoa powder until fully blended.
Stir in the 7Up.
Fold in the chocolate chips and then spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 70 minutes then check it. If a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, it’s done. Mine usually takes 80 minutes.
Once done, cool in the pan for 10 minutes then flip and finish cooling.
Serve with ice cream, or chocolate sauce, or just plain!
NEED MORE CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
- Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Healthier Chocolate Yogurt Cake
- Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
- One Bowl Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Bundt Cake
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE THIS CAKE:
Bundt Pan – This is the one I have. If I had more cupboard space, I’d have lots of them because there are so many pretty ones & you know I love me a bundt cake.
Hand Mixer – A turn to my hand mixer way more than my stand mixer, even though I love it.
Mixing Bowl – I love these mixing bowls. They’re such a nice quality and the grippy bottoms are helpful.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
7-Up Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup 7Up
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan and lightly flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with an electric mixer.
- Add sugar & vanilla; beat until light & fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour & cocoa, blending thoroughly.
- Stir in 7Up.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes then check for doneness. If needed, bake another 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan & cool completely.
Originally published December 10, 2009