If you like the Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wrap from Buffalo Wild Wings, you’ll love this lightened up homemade version! Lightly breaded buffalo chicken pieces wrapped up in a soft tortilla with ranch dressing, shredded lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes make a great dinner or the perfect game day meal!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
We already found a replacement for the breading-heavy boneless wings from Buffalo Wild Wings so I was on a quest to replace the Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wrap that I get (which has a whopping 1,020 calories!). With a few tweaks, it turned into the perfect wrap.
Bob even said “we figure out how to make everything better than B-Dubs”.
BUFFALO RANCH CHICKEN WRAP INGREDIENTS
- Chicken – You can use breasts or tenders, just make sure they’re boneless and skinless.
- Flour – You’ll make a very light breading out of flour, cornstarch, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder to dredge the chicken in.
- Cornstarch – Cornstarch helps the chicken brown on the outside while staying juicy on the inside.
- Cayenne Pepper – Cayenne pepper to add a bit of heat. Skip it if you don’t like spice.
- Garlic Powder – To flavor the chicken.
- Buffalo Wing Sauce – I like to use Frank’s Wing sauce, which is a slightly mellowed out version of Frank’s Hot Sauce, but you could also pick up your favorite sauce flavor from Buffalo Wild Wings (they sell them individually) or make a homemade buffalo sauce.
- Tortillas – I like to use burrito size tortillas to make a true wrap, but you could easily turn these into Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos if you’d rather buy taco size tortillas.
- Ranch Dressing – I have yet to find a pre-made store bought ranch dressing that I love. I sometimes make the Hidden Valley packets or you can make homemade ranch dressing.
- Tomatoes – Diced them up small.
- Lettuce – Finely chop this as well, it makes for a better wrap. Or just buy shredded lettuce.
- Shredded Cheese – I like to buy the Mexican cheese blend of shredded cheese.
HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN A BUFFALO CHICKEN WRAP
Well, as I mentioned above, the Buffalo Wild Wings version of the Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wrap has about 1,200 calories (holy cow, that’s nearly a day’s worth of calories) but I estimate this homemade version to have about 300 calories (it’ll depend on the size of your wrap and the ingredients you end up using, but it should be way less than 1,200!).
WHAT DO YOU PUT IN A BUFFALO CHICKEN WRAP
The toppings that Buffalo Wild Wings uses are the same toppings that I like to use. They, however, use a heavily breaded fried chicken and I like to use a lightly breaded chicken (grilled chicken tossed in wing sauce would also work!), wing sauce, ranch dressing, diced tomatoes, and shredded lettuce in a flour tortilla. Optional toppings could include blue cheese dressing and diced onions.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE BUFFALO RANCH CHICKEN WRAPS
Large Skillet – I bought this T-Fal skillet about a year ago and have been impressed. I like that it has a lid & is dishwasher safe.
Shallow Bowls – Though these are technically salad bowls, it’s nice to have a shallow dish to dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
Tongs – Tongs are great when you’re dredging the chicken to keep your hands clean. They’re also heat safe so you can cook the chicken with them.
NEED MORE BUFFALO IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites – these would also be great in taco/wrap form, especially for vegetarian friends!
Buffalo Chicken Bread – this would be great sliced up for game day.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip – a definite crowd pleaser!
Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad
Connect with Persnickety Plates
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO RANCH CHICKEN WRAPS
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wraps
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce Frank’s Buffalo Wing
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Burrito size tortillas
- Ranch dressing
- Diced tomatoes
- Finely chopped lettuce
- Mexican cheese blend
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, cayenne, and garlic powder. Season the chicken pieces with pepper, then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan and let it heat up. Add chicken and cook on both sides – about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Once the chicken is done, set it aside in a bowl and toss with ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce.
- Use the skillet from the chicken and fry up the tortillas on medium for about 10 seconds a side.
- Assemble the wraps - a scoop of chicken, some ranch dressing, some lettuce, tomatoes & a sprinkle of cheese. Wrap it up & enjoy!
Originally published October 18, 2011