Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites – A spicy, healthy, vegetarian, delicious alternative to chicken wings!
BAKED BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES
So I’m well into my Mexico trip now. Hopefully I’m on the beach with a drink in my hand, but, I actually wrote up a few posts before I left so you’ll have something to read in my absence.
I expected to like this cauliflower, but I didn’t fully expect it to be as good as it was. Before I cut out most meat, I used to like boneless chicken wings.
These don’t taste like chicken, but the spicy flavor and texture were pretty close to boneless wings. I didn’t even think I liked cooked cauliflower, but I really liked this. I ate it, with nothing else, for dinner. They were that good.
Frank’s Wing Sauce
My favorite baking sheets
Olive Oil Non-Stick Spray
- 1 head of cauliflower
- For the batter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- dash of Frank's Wing Sauce (or Frank's Original Hot Sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried onion (I use Tastefully Simple's Onion Onion)
- For the buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup Frank's Wing Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray (I always use olive oil spray) and set aside.
- Wash your head of cauliflower and cut into pieces. I made a variety of sizes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the batter ingredients. It will be fairly thick.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter until fully and evenly coated. Let excess batter drip off. Place onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the batter just hardens.
- In a small bowl, mix together the buffalo sauce ingredients.
- Once the cauliflower are done, remove from the oven and brush with the buffalo sauce. Again, fully and evenly coat each piece.
- Put back into the oven and bake for a few more minutes (5-7 minutes was my range), until the sauce has hardened and the cauliflower is crisp.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, then enjoy! We dipped ours in Ranch dressing.
Or maybe you’ll like…