Buffalo Chicken Bread is easy to make at home & better than take-out! Stuffed bread recipes make the perfect weeknight dinner, and they’re great for serving at parties or as game day snack food. This easy stuffed bread recipe makes pizza dough stuffed with spicy Buffalo chicken and cheese. SO delicious!
This doesn’t quite qualify as a stromboli (I don’t think), but it is meat and cheese rolled up in pizza dough. So, it’s close. This recipe combines my love for bread with my love of Buffalo Chicken Dip.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Bread
This Buffalo chicken stuffed bread comes together quickly and I think looks pretty impressive. It would be easy to slice up and serve at a party. Or just eat for dinner, like me and Bob did.
Though not the most healthy thing I’ve ever made, it’s still healthier to make this at home, controlling the quality of your ingredients, than ordering something similar from a local pizza place. And it’s really good.
Let’s get started.
Spread out your pizza crust on a floured baking sheet (or use a Silpat, like I did) and roll it out, if needed, into a rectangle.
In a small bowl, combine wing sauce with ranch dressing and stir to combine.
Spread the sauce mixture over the pizza crust then spread the cooked chicken over the top.
Sprinkle with cheeses then fold the long edges over about 2 inches on each side, then, from the short side, start rolling until you reach the end.
Finish rolling, place seam side down, then sprinkle with cheeses.
Bake in the center of the oven for approximately 13 minutes. Keep an eye on yours after 10 minutes to see how it’s coming along, since oven cooking times can vary. Once it starts to get golden, it’s done.
Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Slice into pieces and enjoy! I dipped mine in a little bit of ranch dressing.
Other Buffalo Recipes to Satisfy Your Spicy Cravings
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – this dip made in the slow cooker is repeatedly requested by all my friends. Make it really easy but using rotisserie chicken in it.
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites – my most popular recipe, having been pinned over 600,000 times, this vegetarian alternative to chicken wings is great for a party.
Buffalo Chicken Bread Recipe
Simple Buffalo Chicken Bread
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pizza dough (I used a Pillsbury Classic. It was great, or you could make your own)
- olive oil (enough to coat the pan)
- 1/2 cup Frank's WING sauce
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup (a handful) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (a handful) shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper (and whatever else you season your chicken with - I used Montreal chicken seasoning)
- garlic salt, optional
- Italian cheese blend (parmesan, romano, asiago), option
- Trim your chicken breasts and cut into thin pieces, keeping them similar in size. Season with salt, pepper, and Montreal chicken seasoning.
- Place a frying pan over medium high heat and lightly coat with olive oil. Once hot, add in the seasoned chicken, cooking until no longer pink. Once fully cooked, add in ¼ cup wing sauce and toss the chicken to coat. Turn the heat down to low and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread out your pizza crust on a floured baking sheet (or use a Silpat, like I did) and roll it out, if needed, into a rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup of wing sauce with ⅓ cup of ranch dressing and stir to combine. Spread it evenly over the pizza crust.
- Top the sauce with the prepared chicken. (I didn't use quite all the chicken, the roll would have been too full, so I left a little bit out & ate it separately).
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella & cheddar cheeses evenly over the chicken.
- Looking at your rectangle, fold the long edges over about 2 inches on each side, then, from the short side, start rolling until you reach the end.
- Place your roll seam side won onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the top with a little garlic salt and an Italian cheese blend.
- Bake in the center of the oven for approximately 13 minutes, checking after 10 minutes. Once it's golden, it's done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into pieces. Enjoy!