Buffalo Chicken Bread is easy to make at home & better than take-out! Stuffed bread recipes make the perfect weeknight dinner, and they’re great for serving at parties or as game day snack food. This easy stuffed bread recipe starts with pizza dough then is filled with spicy Buffalo chicken and cheese. SO delicious!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
This Buffalo Chicken Bread doesn’t quite qualify as a stromboli (I don’t think), but it is meat and cheese rolled up in pizza dough. So, it’s close. Some refer to it as buffalo chicken garbage bread.
This recipe combines my love for bread with my love of Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Tools you’ll need
- Kitchen Knives – To cup of the chicken & then another to slice up the finished bread. I’m in love with this set.
- Frying Pan – To cook up the chicken.
- Rolling Pin – To roll out your dough.
- Baking Sheet – Use one with a lip so nothing slides off your pan.
- Silicone Baking Mats – For easy clean-up.
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe, why you need them, and possible substitutions. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card with measurements.
- Chicken – I use 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Tenders will work fine, too.
- Pizza Dough – To keep things extra easy, I opt for a Pillsbury Classic Pizza Dough or Trader Joe’s makes a really good one. Or you can learn how to make pizza dough from scratch.
- Olive Oil – Use a light extra virgin olive oil.
- Frank’s Wing Sauce – I prefer WING sauce over traditional hot sauce. Use your favorite.
- Ranch Dressing – I usually have Hidden Valley on hand.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cheddar Cheese – Shredded cheddar cheese – I usually have mild on hand.
- Salt & Pepper – Always!
- Garlic Salt – To top the bread.
- Italian Cheese Blend – Shredded Italian Cheese blend to sprinkle on top.
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN BREAD
This Buffalo chicken stuffed bread comes together quickly and I think looks pretty impressive. It would be easy to slice up and serve at a party. Or just eat for dinner, like me and Bob did.
Though not the most healthy thing I’ve ever made, it’s still healthier to make this at home, controlling the quality of your ingredients, than ordering something similar from a local pizza place. And it’s really good.
Let’s get started.
Spread out your pizza crust on a floured baking sheet (or use a Silpat, like I did) and roll it out, if needed, into a rectangle.
In a small bowl, combine wing sauce with ranch dressing and stir to combine.
Spread the sauce mixture over the pizza crust then spread the cooked chicken over the top.
Sprinkle with cheeses then fold the long edges over about 2 inches on each side, then, from the short side, start rolling until you reach the end.
Finish rolling, place seam side down, then sprinkle with cheeses.
Bake in the center of the oven for approximately 13 minutes. Keep an eye on yours after 10 minutes to see how it’s coming along, since oven cooking times can vary. Once it starts to get golden, it’s done.
Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Slice into pieces and enjoy! I dipped mine in a little bit of ranch dressing.
NEED MORE BUFFALO RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wrap
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Street Tacos
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: