This Crock Pot Lemon Chicken is so easy and perfect for a busy weeknight. This 4 ingredient, quick chicken dinner is amazingly flavorful and sure to be your new favorite meal. Serve with vegetables and ready to serve rice for a fast healthy dinner!
Pinterest is my new favorite thing (you could follow me & see all my pretty pins). It’s pretty amazing & a big time suck at the same time.
I was browsing through Pinterest yesterday and found an easy lemon chicken recipe that I decided to put my spin on.
Recipes really don’t get much easier than this crock pot lemon chicken, and it was really good.
I served it over Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Ready Rice – a first for me, I’m usually opposed to any type of “instant” food, but I was pleasantly surprised. I served it with roasted green beans which is one of my favorite side dishes.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE CROCK POT LEMON CHICKEN:
- My slow cooker of choice – of course you’ll need a slow cooker! If you’re in the market for a new one, I highly recommend this Hamilton Beach Set It & Forget It model. The ability to set the cook time before I leave for work then have it switch over to warm is awesome.
- My favorite measuring spoons – I love that they’re magnetic so they’re not loose rolling around the drawer.
- My favorite mixing bowls – My grandma got me these as a wedding shower gift and I love them. The grippy bottoms make mixing easier.
CAN YOU PUT FROZEN CHICKEN IN THE CROCK POT
The safest, best answer to that question is no, you shouldn’t. Because of the amount of time it takes a slow cooker to get meat up to a safe temperature (it’s a slow cooker, after all), bacteria could contaminate the chicken. Meat should already be thawed when you place it in the crock pot. Ideally, you’d thaw the chicken in the fridge the night before. That said, I have used frozen chicken in a pinch and lived to tell the tale, but now that I know better, I don’t.
OTHER SLOW COOKER CHICKEN DISHES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Chicken – one of my most popular recipes, having been pinned over 230,000 times (!), this chicken dish is nearly as easy and really good.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo – only five ingredients in this easy chicken dinner. I like to add sun dried tomatoes & spinach to fancy it up.
- Spicy Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken – only THREE ingredients in this simple chicken dinner!
Originally published October 5, 2011
Crock Pot Lemon Chicken
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts butterflied
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (or cream of onion or celery)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- juice half of lemon
- Place your chicken into the slow cooker and turn to high.
- Pour the soup into a medium sized bowl and add the lemon pepper and lemon juice. Add half a soup can of water to the mix. Stir it up.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Let cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.