This Crockpot Lemon Chicken is so easy and perfect for a busy weeknight. This 4 ingredient, quick slow cooker chicken dinner is amazingly flavorful and sure to be your new favorite meal. Serve with vegetables and ready to serve rice for a fast healthy dinner!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Pinterest is my new favorite thing (you could follow me & see all my pretty pins). It’s pretty amazing & a big time suck at the same time.
I was browsing through Pinterest yesterday and found an easy lemon chicken recipe that I decided to put my spin on.
Recipes really don’t get much easier than this crockpot lemon chicken, and it was really good.
If you love lemon chicken (& easy recipes!), try my chicken piccata with pasta next!
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- Chicken – Boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- “Cream Of” Soup – I use cream of onion or cream of celery…or cream of chicken. Homemade cream of chicken soup is very easy to make and no additives!
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning – I put lemon pepper on nearly everything.
- Lemon Juice – The juice of half a lemon.
I served my chicken over Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Ready Rice – a first for me, I’m usually opposed to any type of “instant” food, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Tools you’ll need
- My slow cooker of choice – of course you’ll need a slow cooker! If you’re in the market for a new one, I highly recommend this Hamilton Beach Set It & Forget It model. The ability to set the cook time before I leave for work then have it switch over to warm is awesome.
- My favorite measuring spoons – I love that they’re magnetic so they’re not loose rolling around the drawer.
- My favorite mixing bowls – My grandma got me these as a wedding shower gift and I love them. The grippy bottoms make mixing easier.
Can you put frozen chicken in the crockpot?
The safest, best answer to that question is no, you shouldn’t put frozen chicken in the crockpot.
Because of the amount of time it takes a slow cooker to get meat up to a safe temperature (it’s a slow cooker, after all), bacteria could contaminate the chicken. Meat should already be thawed when you place it in the crock pot.
Ideally, you’d thaw the chicken in the fridge the night before.
That said, I have used frozen chicken in a pinch and lived to tell the tale, but now that I know better, I don’t.
Need more crockpot chicken recipes? Try these:
- Crockpot Honey Bourbon Chicken – one of my most popular recipes, having been pinned over 230,000 times (!), this chicken dish is nearly as easy and really good.
- Crockpot Chicken Alfredo – only five ingredients in this easy chicken dinner. I like to add sun dried tomatoes & spinach to fancy it up.
- Spicy Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken – only THREE ingredients in this simple chicken dinner!
Originally published October 5, 2011