Sauteed Asparagus is a deliciously easy side dish that goes from stove to table in less than 15 minutes. Made with 6 ingredients, this is the best sauteed asparagus recipe that is packed full of flavor and perfect for any dinner plate.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Pair this sauteed asparagus with meatloaf with brown gravy then have some skinny pineapple coconut cake for dessert!
I’m trying to eat healthier. Again. I’m eating ice cream while I type this, but that’s besides the point.
This sauteed asparagus is so delicious, you’ll definitely look forward to adding it to your next meal.
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS INGREDIENTS
- Asparagus – Fresh asparagus. Washed & trimmed.
- Chicken or Vegetable Broth – Steaming veggies in chicken or vegetable broth really steps up the flavor with herbs and spices. If you don’t have any on hand, you can use water.
- Butter – You could also swap this out for olive oil.
- Onion Salt
- Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese – Grated parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of shaved parmesan cheese, is optional.
If you scroll through Pinterest for side dish ideas there are a ton of options that look great, but most of them are starchy or covered in cheese.
I love plain and simple and often roast veggies, but sometimes I want something even quicker. This sauteed asparagus only takes about 15 minutes, start to finish.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR ASPARAGUS TO SAUTEE
After steaming the asparagus, it only takes a few minutes to sautee it & finish it off.
A side dish that’s not boring, not terrible for you, and ready in under 15 minutes. Seriously.
HOW TO MAKE SAUTEED ASPARAGUS
First, you’ll steam the asparagus for 5 minutes over high heat in chicken or vegetable broth until it’s fork tender (or water if you’re out of broth).
Next, drain off any excess broth, then return the pan to the heat.
Then, add in the butter, onion salt, pepper, and grated parmesan cheese and saute over medium-high heat until the butter begins to brown.
Finally, remove from the heat, transfer to your serving dish, and sprinkle with shaved parmesan, if you want.
HOW MANY CALORIES IN ASPARAGUS SAUTEED IN OLIVE OIL
I use butter and chicken broth in this recipe and the calorie count is around 88 calories per serving. You’ll have even less if you swap out the butter for olive oil.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE SAUTEED ASPARAGUS
- Large Skillet – You’ll want a skillet that is large enough to hold the asparagus without bending them. You’ll also need a lid to steam them for a few minutes.
- Tongs – Working with tongs makes it really easy to toss the asparagus.
- Santoku Knife – A good knife to trim the asparagus ends.
- Silicone Spatulas – A silicone spatula to help you toss the asparagus while it’s sauteing.
NEED MORE WAYS TO USE ASPARAGUS? TRY THESE:
- Cheesy Asparagus Puffs
- Ham Asparagus Egg Muffin Cups
- Creamy Asparagus Soup
- Bacon & Asparagus Pasta Salad
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
I made a fun group on Facebook for sharing recipes, asking questions, and talking about food. I’d love to have you! Request to join HERE.
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION & EBOOK
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
This was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Campbell’s Soup Company .
I love asapargus and this recipe looks divine
This looks like it is about to become one of my favorite dishes. I love asparagus! I could eat it all day long and never get tired of it. I love the Parmesan you put on it too. Definitely saving for later!
Kerry C says
I absolutely love asparagus. I can get carried away with eating it especially in the spring. Steaming it in chicken broth is a fantastic idea. I wish I had thought about it earlier.
Jillian @ Food, Folks and Fun says
I love asparagus, I can’t wait to try this recipe!