Apple Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins – a muffin with a fruit and a vegetable so you don’t have to feel guilty about eating three. Or maybe that’s just me.
APPLE CINNAMON ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
Did you have a good weekend? I stayed in the house all weekend. I haven’t done that in months. Julia and I are both dealing with colds so I thought it would be best to quarantine ourselves. No errands, no walks, I haven’t left the house since Friday.
And I’m not even going stir crazy.
She’s turning into the best little sidekick. We had so much fun.
We baked (these muffins, among other things), cleaned, painted (mostly pictures of her GG & Papa, per her request), built tents, read every one of her books (multiple times), perfected her “uh oh” and “aw man”, decorated for fall, and watched a panda documentary (Pandas: The Journey Home on Netflix – super cute – you should watch it).
These muffins came about Saturday morning when I first got the urge to bake and knew we had apples and zucchini. Immediately after we finished them, Julia and I split three of them. They’re sweet and moist and pretty perfect.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE APPLE CINNAMON ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
- Cupcake/Muffin Pan – I make cupcakes and muffins all the time so I like to have nice pans.
- Cupcake/Muffin Liners – I like to get the colorful variety pack to customize them to whatever I’m baking for (which is usually just because I feel like it, but whatever)
- My favorite spatulas – I might have a small spatula addiction. I have way too many but I usually reach for these.
- Grater – You’ll need a good box grater to grate both the apple and the zucchini. I have a mini one and a full size that I use interchangeably.
WATCH HOW EASY THESE MUFFINS ARE TO MAKE
Apple Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded apple
- turbinado sugar for sprinkling on the tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with 12 liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder, and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini and apple.
- Use a cookie scoop to spoon the batter evenly among the 12 cups.
- Sprinkle the tops with tubinado sugar.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
In other news, Cupcakes Diaries is celebrating her 5th blogiversary so a bunch of us got together to give away a KitchenAid 5qt Artisan Mixer (same one I have!). If you don’t have one, you need one. You’ll love it. Enter below.
Cupcake Diaries | Maybe I Will | Domestic Superhero | Cooking on the Front Burner | 365 Days of Crafts | FrugElegance | Hot Eats and Cool Reads | A Girl and a Glue Gun |
The Princess and Her Cowboys | B&D Design | A Mummy Too | Food, Folks and Fun | My Daylights | A Vision to Remember | Persnickety Plates
Giveaway runs 9/21 until 9/28/15 at 12am MST. Winner gets to pick which color they want. Winner will be emailed on 9/28 and will have 24 hours to respond. US residents only. Good luck!