Apple Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins – a muffin with a fruit and a vegetable so you don’t have to feel guilty about eating three. Or maybe that’s just me.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Did you have a good weekend? I stayed in the house all weekend. I haven’t done that in months. Julia and I are both dealing with colds so I thought it would be best to quarantine ourselves. No errands, no walks, I haven’t left the house since Friday.
And I’m not even going stir crazy.
She’s turning into the best little sidekick. We had so much fun.
We baked (these muffins, among other things), cleaned, painted (mostly pictures of her GG & Papa, per her request), built tents, read every one of her books (multiple times), perfected her “uh oh” and “aw man”, decorated for fall, and watched a panda documentary (Pandas: The Journey Home on Netflix – super cute – you should watch it).
APPLE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS INGREDIENTS
- Sugar – Typical white, granulated sugar.
- Vegetable Oil – Melted coconut oil will likely work as well, but I haven’t tested it.
- Eggs – Two large eggs.
- Vanilla Extract – I know vanilla extract is pricey right now, but it’s worth it and so much better than imitation!
- Flour – I use all purpose flour.
- Cinnamon – Use a good quality cinnamon for the best flavor.
- Baking Soda – For rise.
- Baking Powder – Another leavening agent.
- Zucchini – You need 1 cup of shredded zucchini for this apple zucchini muffin recipe. I find this to be 1 medium zucchini. You’ll grate it, peel and all.
- Apple – Use your favorite. I usually have gala apples on hand and they’re good for baking. I peel it before I shred it.
- Turbinado Sugar – Turbinado sugar adds a great texture to the top of the muffins. You can use brown sugar if you don’t have any on hand, or skip it.
These muffins came about Saturday morning when I first got the urge to bake and knew we had apples and zucchini. Immediately after we finished them, Julia and I split three of them. They’re sweet and moist and pretty perfect.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE APPLE CINNAMON ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
- Cupcake/Muffin Pan – I make cupcakes and muffins all the time so I like to have nice pans.
- Cupcake/Muffin Liners – I like to get the colorful variety pack to customize them to whatever I’m baking for (which is usually just because I feel like it, but whatever)
- My favorite spatulas – I might have a small spatula addiction. I have way too many but I usually reach for these.
- Grater – You’ll need a good box grater to grate both the apple and the zucchini. I have a mini one and a full size that I use interchangeably.
MORE WAYS TO BAKE WITH APPLE AND ZUCCHINI
Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake
Peanut Butter Zucchini Bread
Apple Walnut Crumb Cake
WATCH HOW EASY THESE APPLE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS ARE TO MAKE
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
Apple Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with 12 liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder, and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini and apple.
- Use a cookie scoop to spoon the batter evenly among the 12 cups.
- Sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
In other news, Cupcakes Diaries is celebrating her 5th blogiversary so a bunch of us got together to give away a KitchenAid 5qt Artisan Mixer (same one I have!). If you don’t have one, you need one. You’ll love it. Enter below.
Cupcake Diaries | Maybe I Will | Domestic Superhero | Cooking on the Front Burner | 365 Days of Crafts | FrugElegance | Hot Eats and Cool Reads | A Girl and a Glue Gun |
The Princess and Her Cowboys | B&D Design | A Mummy Too | Food, Folks and Fun | My Daylights | A Vision to Remember | Persnickety Plates