A layer of brownie topped with a layer of peanut butter cookie come together in a perfect brookie union.
On Saturday, my husband got a text from a friend asking him to go out. 15 minutes later, they were out the door. My friends and I have been trying to plan a girls night for a month. A MONTH. That’s how long it takes us to coordinate our schedules/husband schedules/baby schedules/sitter schedules. I swear we don’t make it complicated, it just is.
These days, a lot of our date nights and girls nights consist of a movie and baked good, which is totally fine by me. Julia can be upstairs sleeping and I don’t have to leave my house or put on presentable clothes, which makes my life easier.
I usually make some type of dessert for movie night. Because I couldn’t decide between a brownie or a cookie, I made this Peanut Butter Brookie. Layer of brownie + layer of peanut butter cookie = best of both worlds.
If you’re short on time (who isn’t), you can totally use a brownie mix for the brownie layer. Just make sure you don’t get a “family size” box. I recommend the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate one, if you go that route. It’s my favorite.
Peanut Butter Brookies
- For the brownie layer
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the peanut butter cookie layer
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 2 Tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line an 8x8 glass baking dish with foil, then lightly spray with non-stick spray. Set aside,
- First, make the brownie layer:
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips. Use a spatula to mix until well combined.
- In a measuring cup, add in the oil then eggs, and vanilla. Mix up the wet ingredients with a fork.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with the spatula until just combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- Now make the peanut butter cookie:
- To a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and whisk until light and fully combined.
- Add in the whisked egg and vanilla and combine.
- Add in the peanut butter and stir with a spatula.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until fully combined.
- Use your hands to flatten pieces of the dough and lay on top of the brownie layer. Fit the pieces together, like a puzzle, until you have a fairly even layer covering the brownie batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cookie layer is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes then lift out the foil and cut into bars.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
My cousin/bestie and I made a point to see both Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2 in the theater. I can’t even tell you how many times we’ve seen the original at this point. It’s one of our favorites. So, naturally, I had my calendar marked to pick up the second one at Walmart when it came out on Tuesday (actually, my mom took Julia and grabbed it for me while I was at work). Only Walmart has the Blu-Ray/Soundtrack combo pack and if you know the movie, you know the music is basically the best part, so the combo pack is necessary. If I wasn’t impatient, I’d wait until Christmas to give her the gift set.
We have a girls night planned for this weekend to watch it together but last night, Bob got to watch it with me. He won’t tell you he liked it, but he did. I have a feeling I’ll have to make another pan of brookies for this weekend.
Head to Walmart to grab the exclusive Pitch Perfect 2 Blu-Ray/Soundtrack combo pack. Soundtrack includes some of your favorite songs from Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2 (while supplies last – seriously, I saw some people on IG saying their store only got a dozen).
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #ThePitchesatWMT https://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV