Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake is moist and flavorful and is the perfect way to use up your favorite apples. This from scratch apple bundt cake recipe is great all year long!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
One week til Thanksgiving! I feel like Thanksgiving is getting the shaft this year. It seems like it’s going from Halloween to Christmas and Thanksgiving, typically my favorite holiday, is getting left in the dust.
Maybe it’s because I have a toddler this year and she probably cares more about dressing up and presents than just eating, which she has a love/hate relationship with.
I, on the other hand, am a food-bloggin’, mashed potato-lovin’, Thanksgiving aficionado. Making food is my love language.
That being said, this cake, that would be the perfect addition to a Thanksgiving table (give the pies a break – I’d take a cake over pie any day), was honestly made in September.
SHOULD YOU CELEBRATE HALF BIRTHDAYS
The answer is yes, you should.
Remember last year when I said I wanted to start a new tradition of making half a cake for my daughter’s half birthday (last year I made a Pumpkin Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake)?
Well, that’s what this cake was. We “celebrated” her half birthday on September 27th. And by celebrated, I mean we ate this cake. This year she actually got to eat some and she loved it.
We kept half and I sent the other half to work with my husband. I think it’s a fun tradition.
Use whatever kind of apples you like – I used Gala for this particular one because that’s what I had on hand. Golden Delicious or Granny Smith would be good.
APPLE CINNAMON BUNDT CAKE INGREDIENTS
- Eggs – I use large, organic eggs.
- Vegetable Oil – You use half oil and half applesauce in this cake for the fat.
- Applesauce – To cut down on using full oil, but keeping moistness, you combine applesauce with the oil.
- Sugar – Gotta have sugar in cake!
- Brown Sugar – I don’t specify light or dark brown sugar, but I typically use light. Both will work.
- Nutmeg – Warm and spicy, nutmeg is perfect in this apple cake.
- Cinnamon – Sidekick to nutmeg, cinnamon perfectly spices this cake. Use a high quality cinnamon & don’t be tempted by the cheap stuff & opt for ceylon.
- Baking soda – When baking soda is mixed with moisture, the chemical reaction causes baked goods to expand and rise. Fluffy cake.
- Salt – to balance the sweet
- Vanilla – I know vanilla extract has gone up in price lately (there’s a shortage), but please use pure vanilla extract & not imitation.
- Diced apples – I used gala because that’s what we like to eat and typically keep on hand. Use whichever kind you like best.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE APPLE CINNAMON BUNDT CAKE
- Bundt pan – Bundt pans are a little pricey but they’ll last forever. I’ve also seen really pretty ones at TJ Maxx/HomeGoods for good prices.
- Apple slicer – An apple slicer will make your life easier. For this cake & day to day for apple snacks.
- My favorite measuring spoons – I love that they’re magnetic so they stack nicely in my drawer.
HOW MANY DOES A 10 INCH BUNDT CAKE SERVE
This recipe, which makes a 10″ bundt cake, should serve 12-16 people.
CAN YOU PUT ANY CAKE BATTER IN A BUNDT PAN
Yes, you can. But you’ll have to bake the cake for longer in a bundt pan and the texture will be slightly denser than if you were making a layer cake.
WANT MORE BUNDT CAKE IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CINNAMON BUNDT CAKE
Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups diced apples I used Gala
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat vegetable oil and eggs on medium speed until foamy.
- Add in the applesauce, sugars, nutmeg, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in the diced apples with a spoon.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes then flip onto a platter.
Happy half birthday, Boo! I can’t believe you’re well on your way to two!
Other cakes you may like…
Pumpkin Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake