Lemon Bundt Cake has a moist crumb and is full of lemon flavor with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and instant lemon pudding.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
LEMON BUNDT CAKE
This lemon bundt cake recipe comes to you from Miranda of Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt.
Well, she wrote another cookbook, Easy Cake Cookbook, that is available for pre-order on Amazon, and would be perfect for a holiday gift!
The cookbook is full of easy cake recipes that I am excited to work my way through.
I decided to start with this lemon pudding cake. It is made from scratch but has the addition of instant lemon pudding to kick up the lemon flavor and make it really moist.
The girls, my mom & I loved it.
LEMON BUNDT CAKE INGREDIENTS
- Lemon Zest
- Vanilla Extract
- Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Lemon Juice
HOW TO MAKE A LEMON BUNDT CAKE
First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees and generously spray a 10″ (12 cup) bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
Then, to a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, and butter and cream together with a hand mixer on medium, until light & fluffy. Beat in the lemon zest and vanilla, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each egg is fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, if needed.
Next, in a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, lemon pudding mix, baking soda, and baking powder and whisk together.
Then, add the buttermilk to a measuring cup and pour in the lemon juice. Whisk together.
Next, we’ll alternate the mixtures to combine everything together. Start by adding some of the flour mixture to the butter-sugar mixture, while beating on medium speed. Then add some of the butter milk mixture. Continue alternating, until you’re out of ingredients, ending with flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, if needed.
Finally, pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let it cool for about 10 minutes and then flip onto a wire rack to cool completely.
HOW SHOULD I STORE THIS CAKE?
Keep this cake tightly covered in plastic wrap or in an airtight container, at room temperature, for 4-5 days.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE BUTTERMILK?
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, it’s easy to make your own! To a liquid measuring cup, add 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar then finish filling to 1 cup with milk. Let stand for 5-10 minutes to let milk curdle. Ta-da – buttermilk.
WHAT SHOULD I TOP THIS CAKE WITH
I sprinkled the top of my cake with powdered sugar but it’s easy to make a lemon bundt cake glaze. Whisk together 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice, and the zest of 1 lemon. That’s it! Drizzle over the cake.
NEED MORE BUNDT CAKES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE THIS CAKE:
- Bundt Pan – There are so many pretty shapes – mine is pretty basic but if I had more room, I would have a huge collection.
- Hand Mixer – You could also use your hand mixer, but I always reach for my hand mixer.
- Lemon Zester – For all that fresh lemon flavor.
- Measuring Cups – You’ll need a few.
- Measuring Spoons – These are magnetic, stackable, and double sided – they’re my favorite.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
LEMON BUNDT CAKE RECIPE
Lemon Bundt Cake
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 3.4 oz instant lemon pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and generously spray a 10-inch bundt pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter with a hand mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the lemon zest and vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time, beating until each egg is incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- To another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, lemon pudding mix, baking powder, and baking soda.
- To a measuring cup, add the buttermilk then whisk in the lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients and buttermilk to the butter-sugar mixture in multiple additions, alternating back & forth, starting and ending with the flour mixture and beating on medium speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for approximately 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes then flip onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut & serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.